April 28, 2024, 06:54:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control mode on pedals now behaves like control switch mode  (Read 612 times)

santa

• Apprentice
Control mode on pedals now behaves like control switch mode
« on: October 10, 2022, 09:59:54 pm »
Control mode on my pedals (a Roland RPU-3 3-pedal unit) used to work, but now it has stopped working. Control mode now behaves like control switch mode. I think this may have something to do with a recent firmware update to 1.3.1.

To be clear, the pedals on my pedal unit are potentiometers, not switches, and they used to work fine with my Keylab MkII, producing all control values between 0 and 127. Now the only produce 0 or 127.

I have successfully been able to assign a note to a pedal and play it, which shows that I am definitely following the correct procedure for writing settings to user memory. I have also been able to modify the minimum and maximum values, but I still can't get any values using the pedal the lie in between the minimum and maximum value.

How can I restore full pedal functionality?

EDIT: I have just tried editing the pedal settings using the Keylab MkII's own interface, rather than Midi Control Center. The display says clearly that the pedals are in continuous control mode, even though I do not have continuous control.
EDIT: I have tried rolling back to earlier versions of the firmware, but that hasn't fixed the problem, so it's not the new firmware. I have also double-checked that there are no switches on the pedal unit which could make it behave differently than before.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 10:50:39 pm by santa »

santa

• Apprentice
Re: Control mode on pedals now behaves like control switch mode
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 08:24:47 pm »
The solution (provided by Arturia support) turned out to be simply to do a factory reset:

Hold down the octave-up and octave-down keys while powering up the Keylab MkII. Then press the big jog button under the display to confirm.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines