April 29, 2024, 06:09:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KSP - mapping to Collection 9  (Read 677 times)

DaveNJ

KSP - mapping to Collection 9
« on: May 21, 2022, 03:07:29 pm »
Hey all, I was wondering if the fact that my KSP doesn't show up as a mapped device in Collection 9/Analog Lab V is normal? I see all of the KeyLab products listed in the setup for the synths, but not the KSP. I realize I probably should be using a KeyLab, but wanted to see if there are existing mapping setup I can import to make this work.

Midiot

Re: KSP - mapping to Collection 9
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 06:22:04 pm »
Congrats on your KSP.

I've never seen an official explanation, but my best logical guess is that the KSP is primarily a sequencer, and all it's knobs are used for that purpose.
Some knobs can be changed/switched to an alternate midi #cc function, but then you will temporarily lose their intended purpose.

In other words, units like the Keylab range have lots of unused knobs and buttons that need to be mapped.... so their are preset mapping for those.

DaveNJ

Re: KSP - mapping to Collection 9
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 07:09:33 pm »
Thanks. I probably won’t ever use the sequencer as I’m all DAW based and do any of that in the Mac. I bought this one to get a few more keys and it was when GC was blowing them out last year. Could t pass up the price. I’ll see if I can make a custom mapping for the 5 knobs.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines