April 18, 2024, 02:06:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Rec Thru  (Read 954 times)

eskimo99

Midi Rec Thru
« on: April 29, 2022, 06:16:47 pm »
Hello I’d like to request an option to block incoming midi only while on play. Please allow midi thru on play while muted and record muted or unmuted.

I am capturing analog sequences from a Klee through a quantizer and a Kenton CV to midi converter. Both the beatstep pro and the analog sequencers are sharing the same clock.

So for example: Seq 1 is muted and passing through midi. It will record while muted just fine. It will also record unmuted just fine. The problem I have is when you hit the record button to exit recording and just “play”,the beat step pro will play both the recorded sequence and try to merge or do something with the incoming sequence.

I have tried using the transport “record button” cc message to a CV on off switch to stop the incoming gate signal on the CV to midi converter. But the record button happens whenever you press it. I mean to say that the record button won’t quantize with the pattern. As a result if you allow one new gated note to accidentally pass thru into the beatstep it has a similar effect as transposing to an odd place.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines