April 24, 2024, 03:51:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Frequency modulation inverted  (Read 1389 times)

sag_the_great

• Apprentice
Frequency modulation inverted
« on: April 05, 2022, 03:16:21 pm »
Here's another bug. Try modulating OSC 1's frequency by either OSC 2 or OSC 3 ramp output. When the modulator's shape is ramp up, the Osc 1 frequency actually ramps down (you can easily hear this for low modulator frequencies), and similarly a ramp down shape causes the Osc1 frequency to ramp up. The ramp outputs from the OSC2 and 3 ramp outputs are as depicted on the knob legend (Ive checked with a virtual oscilloscope) so somehow this signal seems to be inverted before modulating something else.

LBH

Re: Frequency modulation inverted
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 06:08:41 pm »
Yes i have also been wondering about that and waited for what i would call a fix, as i see it as bugs.

In all OSCs all the waveforms is reversed when it's used as a modulator.

Also in OSC-1 the Ramp Waveform as audio is reversed to be a Ramp up while depicted as a Ramp down. This result in the depicted ramp down when used as a modulator, but probably only because it has been reversed in audio routing.
The same thing is true for the Square/ Pulse in OSC-2 and Osc-3.

It's unfortunately not new that things are being reversed in the applications. It is something Arturia should have more than one eye on. It's important for the user exsperience.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines