April 27, 2024, 05:08:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Are there any tutorials/instructions on how to route Vocoder V in Reaper?  (Read 1772 times)

buckycore

I am just trying out the demo of Vocoder V before investing in the collection. I've been using Studio On 5 a bit longer than Reaper lately, but I don't mind switching back to it for projects where I'd use this plugin. So my question is: Are there any video tutorials to show you how to Route the carrier audio track to the Vocoder Track? I've searched everywhere, and literally, all I got was this from Reddit:

Set up your source and vocoder plugin on separate tracks. In the routing panel on the source track, uncheck the parent/master send and create a send to the vocoder track. Change the send Audio target from 1/2 to (New channels on receiving track) > 3/4. On the vocoder plugin page, hit the "2 in 2 out" button in the upper right. In the sidechain section, uncheck the 1 & 2 boxes and check the 3 & 4 boxes.

I'm familiar enough with Reaper to know what all that means, so I did it exactly how these instructions read. And while I see the Audio levels moving in Both Tracks, I don't hear anything from the Voder Track. Nothing whatsoever. I'm just wondering if this is due to a missing step? Or would the recent update of Reaperv6.51 have anything to do with it not working properly? I'm using the VST3 version

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
I just tried this myself, using the instructions exactly as in the tutorial within Vocoder. The vocoder kept insisting no audio was routed.
This space left intentionally blank.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
I am just trying out the demo of Vocoder V before investing in the collection. ....
OHO!
After some further routing experimentation in Reaper ...
I decided to try doing the routing "backwards" from what the instructions say.
On the Vocoder track, set the input to your microphone rather than MIDI input.
Create a new track with no audio and only MIDI input.
Route the MIDI track to the Vocoder track, but ONLY the MIDI. Disable audio send.

And there ya go. Worked on this end. Hopefully that works for you as well.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 05:19:38 am »
I am just trying out the demo of Vocoder V before investing in the collection.
I investigated this further today.
While that "backwards" routing (Separate MIDI track) certainly works, I figured out The Key to getting the "normal" routing (Separate Mic In track) to work.
Audio monitoring has to be enabled on the Mic In track. And the Vocoder track for that matter. And remember to turn off Master/Parent send on the Mic In track. I forgot. OW MY FREAKIN EARBALLS lol

It's SO cool that Reaper can route it either way. I rather doubt most-if-any other DAWs can do that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines