March 29, 2024, 11:12:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware 2.0 'action display' gets routinely stuck  (Read 2972 times)

zootermac

• Apprentice
Firmware 2.0 'action display' gets routinely stuck
« on: March 08, 2022, 09:00:25 am »
The display is a nice touch for Firmware 2.0 when moving knobs and faders, but I find it gets stuck quite often.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

21hertz

• Apprentice
Re: Firmware 2.0 'action display' gets routinely stuck
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 12:46:27 am »
Happens to me too. Display freezes/gets stuck sometimes. Only solution is to reboot the Polybrute.

I'm running firmware 2.0.

egotape

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 10:56:44 pm »
Same here.

StudioDeutz

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 11:47:33 am »
Yes - I had this also a few times.... once just a restart could solve the issue - no switch of voices was possible.

Deepvivid

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 10:11:51 pm »
Same here, hopefully they can patch this! Once it freezes I’m unable to save any work I’ve done on the patch and have to lose it due to rebooting

StudioDeutz

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 08:34:09 am »
I have to add myself to the list - yes.

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 04:05:54 am »
This happens on mine too, and I have to reboot. Just now I was editing a sequence while it played and I used the touch strip, whereupon the screen and matrix displays froze. The buttons went unresponsive too (both alongside the matrix and around the screen). Being unable to interact with the Polybrute any more I had to reboot it and lose the sequence. I hope Arturia can locate this problem and fix it because it's not good having a hardware synth that crashes frequently. It's on firmware 2.0.0.747.

Edit: And tonight while I was browsing presets the screen and buttons 1-8 froze, though the buttons within the matrix kept working. So perhaps it isn't just the action display that freezes - there's a more general problem of UI freezing. I hope Arturia can fix this soon.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 06:58:11 am by rrr123 »

zootermac

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:54 am »
Stuck/frozen screens happening here as well, but only when an instance of Pb Connect is activated.

Without the plugin, the screen does not get frozen.

yaschancool

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 12:30:51 am »
Having same issue with nothing connected to Polybrute.
Its okay working in studio as I am such a studio cat but those performing with this it can be a real issue.
Would love to see this fixed.

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2022, 06:42:40 am »
My understanding is that Arturia know about this bug and are working on it.

The display and adjacent buttons will freeze if you change the VCF Attack or Release on the following presets under firmware 2.0. This list may not be exhaustive:

- From the "Factory" bank:
1B1 Rudess Lead
1C7 Happy Birthday
1D6 Bard Song
1E5 Piano And Synth
1I6 Evil Harp
1K8 No man's land
2F3 Dramatic
2H4 Them From S
2H6 House Dust
2H8 Lyle Solo
2I1 13 VCOs
2I2 dnb wobbel bass
2I3 Swarm intelligence
2L3 Lucioles
2L4 fx perc random
3F4 Granular Freelance
4B3 Simple Wish
4H7 FX Hoover
4I3 Melancholy lane

- From the "Factory 2.0" bank:
Licking blue flame (preset from factory 2.0)
Dubby digital (preset from factory 2.0)

- From the "Deru Signature" bank: 
Peace Bells
Filter Tune

- From the "Analog Generation" bank:
In the sky

- From the "Cinematique" bank:
Black Hole

Kioshima

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 08:12:23 pm »
I also have this...on my replacement polybrute as the first one stopped calibrating and got impossible to use :(. I didn't have this issue on my first unit, so it's really a bummer. The VCA release (and maybe other knobs) makes my screen freeze, but not in the same presets as mentioned. Slot 5F5 makes my screen freeze. And other slots.

One thing I did notice, the production of this unit was in February 2021, wich I find early as I got a new one in october 22 after 11 weeks of waiting for service to fix the first one. Wich they didn't handle. When are yours produced? Hope they haven't pushed a badly built early PB on me as a replacement. Dunno when the first one was built. Threw away the box.

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2022, 03:10:29 am »
Mine's manufactured in June 2021. This feels more like a software issue than a hardware one though, especially since it only started on the V2 firmware and apparently only with some operations that use the new action display.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:06:47 am by rrr123 »

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 01:07:07 am »
I just had the UI stick while using the Matrix Arpeggiator. So it's not just the Action Display causing it. I had a nice pattern going too, when the whole synth froze and I had to turn it off. Unlike the freeze that happens when adjusting the VCF on the patches listed above (which leaves the matrix buttons operable but freezes the display and surrounding buttons), this one froze the entire synth UI.

This is a bit of an infuriating bug. I really hope Arturia can fix it soon. But I'm getting a bit anxious because firmware 2.0 was released almost a year ago and these bugs are still present.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 04:35:33 am by rrr123 »

darthdeus

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2023, 01:39:54 am »
Did any of you guys report it to Arturia or heard back with any update? Seems the last version is still 2.0.0.747, which has this bug.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a return due to this issue? I bought mine almost a year ago, so there's no chance of me sending it back to Thomann, and I'm not sure if this issue qualifies as "broken", since Arturia said it's just a software issue.

But then clearly it only happens to some people, and seems there's more of us who are having this issue.

I also don't really want to sell mine just because of this bug, feels like scamming the person I'd be selling it to.

Kioshima

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2023, 07:20:14 am »
Yes, I reported the issue. The reply was as earlier experienced — foggy, maybe copy/pasta. No fixes. For a year or so, I have been reading in forums that an update is coming...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines