March 28, 2024, 10:07:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!  (Read 4151 times)

dstilts

New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:02:01 am »
Hi, I just received the Microfreak vocoder addition a few days ago. I updated the firmware and it was working for about an hour then all of the sudden it reset by itself  to the Microfreak home screen with the floating space particles and will not do anything. I tried holding shift/Arp/Oct then restarted and the utility light does not come on. I also tried 3 different computers Mac and PC and it is not recognized and unable to re-update the firmware. Every time I turn it on it is just the home screen animation and nothing else.

Please Help?!!!!

gushingcloud

• Apprentice
Re: New Microfreak stuck on home screen- bricked!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 03:26:43 am »
This has happened to me as well, and it's frustrating. Somewhere else in the forum mentioned this issue and that they used a Windows computer instead of a Mac and that fixed the issue. But I've been trying on a Windows 7 PC all day and it hasn't worked. I'd really rather fix it myself than send it back but I may have to. Let me know if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.

VirgilGuitars

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:40:15 am »
My MicroFreak is also hanging on the start screen. I'm having to turn it off and on over and over again and it eventually starts up. There's no real way to recreate the problem because we're talking about starting the machine here. Hopefully this.

ecsoyosa

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 01:46:01 pm »
Hi, I just received the Microfreak vocoder addition a few days ago. I updated the firmware and it was working for about an hour then all of the sudden it reset by itself  to the Microfreak home screen with the floating space particles and will not do anything. I tried holding shift/Arp/Oct then restarted and the utility light does not come on. I also tried 3 different computers Mac and PC and it is not recognized and unable to re-update the firmware. Every time I turn it on it is just the home screen animation and nothing else.

Please Help?!!!!

My microfreak's utility button lights up when i hold shift + arp + oct. Do you know what should happen next when this lights up. I'm having the same problem

luu74

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 05:26:47 pm »
 :-[  very frustrate  i was firmware upgrading and i still stuck with utility light on 
and i m window 10 i tried with different computer still the same ,,,,,
happen similar with arturia beatstep pro but able to resolve this not yet
last firmware updating .........
help  :-[

Duckworth021

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 08:37:45 am »
Hi, I just received the Microfreak vocoder addition a few days ago. I updated the firmware and it was working for about an hour then all of the sudden it reset by itself  to the Microfreak home screen with the floating space particles and will not do anything. I tried holding shift/Arp/Oct then restarted and the utility light does not come on. I also mycardstatementtried 3 different computers Mac and PC and it is not recognized and unable to re-update the firmware. Every time I turn it on it is just the home screen animation and nothing else.

Please Help?!!!!
The MicroFreak gets perhaps its biggest update yet with three new adding more oscillators down the road through firmware updates.

AA_Ron_Methyl13

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 05:29:34 am »
I'm guessing we all registered due to the same issue - Device is "bricked". I have had my MicroFreak for some time and had a few issues that got resolved but have never had this happen. Synth was active and running arp when i unplgged a headphone cable from the headphone jack port and it suddenly froze. Turning it off and then back on again had screen go to boot and then logo is stuck. no lights or anything display other then logo and MCC and MIDI-OX do not see the device when connected via USB.I am thinking i will have to send it out but i dont know if warranty or anything will cover replacing the unit. only thing i can think of that might have caused it to seize is i might have had microphone listen option on. But its a headphone port that does TRRS. even though i cant get anything other then a in ear headset that came with previous smartphone will even registar the vocoder engine and not very well at that.

DKWTD!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:35:20 am by AA_Ron_Methyl13 »

Jutta

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 11:23:38 am »
Hi,

I'm struggling with the same issue as described here. Unplugged the headphone jack cable while playing a sequence and the MF froze. Trying to reboot it resulted in it getting stuck in the booting screen. I managed to connect it to my computer and have it recognized by the midi control app. It now reproducibly boots again but only outputs a constant wave which changes in pitch and amplitude as soon as the display changes. This sound plays even though no key is pressed, nor the hold button or a sequence is activated. This constant sound only appears when MF is connected to my computer. When MF is receiving power only via the power cord, it just outputs a click sound when the present is changed. I also tried different headphones and stuff, it's the same with all of them. I tried updating the firmware and also using older firmware but nothing solved the issue. Same with the misc settings reset on the device itself.
Did anyone of you find a solution??

Landon

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 04:40:01 pm »
Same issue here. My kid yanked out the headphone cable one night and it got stuck on the booting screen. The first boot gets a little bit into the normal screen, but after a few seconds it freezes (and the Utility button doesn't work). Each reboot shortly after that is shorter and shorter until it's just stuck on the boot screen. None of my computers can detect it via USB after that incident so uploading firmware is out of the question. Really frustrating, I only bought it in August and have been talking to support for almost 2 months now with no resolution.

Lester

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 11:44:25 pm »
Same issue - has anyone had it fixed?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines