April 28, 2024, 11:00:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bug in split mode when pressing edit A  (Read 684 times)

spyinzedark

• Apprentice
    • VolvaX
bug in split mode when pressing edit A
« on: January 26, 2022, 10:06:14 pm »
i'm in split mode playing bass sound in lower keys with sound A and lead in high keys with sound B.
If i want to edit my A sound i have to press "edit A" in morph menu. But as soon as i press it ,the higher keys starts playing A sound instead of B. come back to normal if i just touch morph knob. Very frustrating when playing live and looks like a bug to me.

Someone has same behavior ?
cheers

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: bug in split mode when pressing edit A
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 09:48:34 am »
It is the standard behavior - not a bug, but a design decision.

In a normal Split, the upper part is morphable and the lower part is not. When you press Edit A or Edit B, the morphable part follows the paradigm that is used also for the same when in Single mode. That is when Edit A or B is selected, the synth automatically and temporarily morphs fully to A or B so that you get to audition the sound that is being edited. You are then allowed to use the Morph knob to be able to audition any point in the morph. The Edit A and Edit B aren't meant as performance features, an the temporary automatic morph to is meant as a helpful feature in sound design, so that you don't end up blindly editing or not knowing what the outcome of the edit is, even in a Split. I appreciate this feature, and AFAIK there has been no other reports concerning it's function.

BTW, I just want to add that I'm not putting down your suggestions, just explaining the design :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:11:17 pm by DrJustice »

spyinzedark

• Apprentice
    • VolvaX
Re: bug in split mode when pressing edit A
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 05:32:07 pm »
Ok thank you i understand.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines