March 29, 2024, 01:33:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lowest key makes mechanical crackling sound when pressed  (Read 1246 times)

Yohonis

• Apprentice
Lowest key makes mechanical crackling sound when pressed
« on: January 13, 2022, 04:36:53 am »
Hi,
Does anyone else have the same issue?  My lowest key  makes a crackling noise when I press it with enough pressure to activate aftertouch. To be clear, this is a mechanical noise coming from somewhere under the physical key. It is not a sound coming through the audio outputs.
Thanks.

Jack R

Re: Lowest key makes mechanical crackling sound when pressed
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 12:51:30 pm »
Not sure if you ever got this resolved.

However, I have possibly had the same issue (on a 12 month old PB). It appears to be a ribbon cable that has come loose and the cable+adhesive has gotten stuck to the side of the enclosure, so when you press they key it pulls the cable (which is now stuck to the wrong part of the enclosure) away from the enclosure resulting in a squishy sound and it feels awful, the note is also not triggered 100% of the time as you have to really push the key down...

I thought a piece of tape had gotten stuck at first and nearly pulled it out with tweezers. But, stopped as I noticed it was a cable.

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 12:40:47 am »
Mine does this too. It's like something scrunching and crinkling under the lowest key. It was bought new a couple of months ago (though the manufacturing date is June 2021). It's only a minor irritation but I hope it doesn't indicate that something's going to fail at some point.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 12:43:42 am by rrr123 »

Yohonis

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 06:03:49 pm »
Thanks for your replies on this.  I hope it's not an indicator of a bigger issue yet either.  When I press my lowest key, it feels the same as the others, but I do get the crackling mechanical noise from something under the key.  I'm also experiencing some other issues which I'll post about after reading through the forums first.

Jack R

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 12:12:26 am »
Bit, of an update. I reported this to Arturia who asked me to contact my vendor.

I got it sent off for a repair.

It came back yesterday after about a month with a note saying "Re-glued aftertouch strip underneath key".

I'd suggest that anyone having the issue follow's suit.

Yohonis

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 05:32:57 am »
Thanks for this!  It's good to know what is causing it and also that they fixed it.
-Yohonis

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines