March 28, 2024, 05:32:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mini V3 making random sounds  (Read 2473 times)

noodlanding

• Apprentice
Mini V3 making random sounds
« on: January 03, 2022, 11:21:50 pm »
Hi! I've programmed some stuff in Arturia's Mini V3. I'm using the preset O'Riley. When playing the stuff, it makes completely random changes — the sound changes, it jumps between different octaves etc. I've tried all possible ways of disabling this randomization, but I just don't understand how to get rid of it. Could anyone help me here?

Thanks!

LBH

Re: Mini V3 making random sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 11:54:57 pm »
Hi,

It's a arpeggiated sound, if that's what you mean. It play an Random arpeggio based on the notes you hold.
You can stop the arpeggio in the Advanced section under LFO/ ARP. Just deselect the PLAY button. The 4. button from the right.
The arpeggio is set to Random Mode, 3 Octaves, 2 Note Repeats in the Arpeggiator.

noodlanding

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 09:38:03 am »
Hi! It's not the arpeggio — it's that the synth changes the character of the sound in a very random way. It's hard to describe, but I've attached a snippet below. Please note that no parameters are automated, so it's not that. This drives me crazy — I'd be so thankful for help here.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 04:29:15 pm »
Well you did say the issue was about the sound changes in octaves. That's the arpeggios work.

Mini Vs OSCs run free. They are'nt reset when at each note. This give changes in the sound. Perhaps that's what you mean.

Try this:
1. Load the O'Riley preset.
2. Switch Off OSC 2 and 3.
Do you have similar sound changes now?

And try this:
1. Load the O'Riley preset.
2. Turn off the Voice detune in the output section. Turn it down to zero.
3. Turn off OSC 3.
4. Switch on SYNC between OSC 1 and 2.
Do you have similar sound changes now?

noodlanding

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 12:29:37 pm »
Yes, I think that made it! Thanks a lot!

LBH

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 04:22:29 pm »
Yes, I think that made it! Thanks a lot!
Your welcome.

Then it was about the free running OSC's. But that actually does'nt mean the behavior is "fixed" as such. You can't sync OSC3 only set it to no detune. Sync is'nt aimed to be used like this. It may give issues it self, to do so. Like you can't use detune without it will affect the sound.
The behavior you exsperienced is not wrong as such, as it's simply about free running OSC's. An OSC phase reset function, could help in cases like this. It will be an addition to the original synth. The Sync is also an addition to the original synth.
I do think the phase canceling is quite strong as it is in Mini V3.

Anthony S

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 02:02:24 am »
Hi, I'm having the same exact issue with the Jazz Bass preset in Mini V3.

The instructions above don't seem to apply to my preset as the OSC's are configured differently. Can't solve it.

I am experiencing the same random octave and what seems like random velocities for each note.

Do you have any suggestions. Going mad as this is for a baseline and the bass doesnt stay strong and deep throughout the track. It plays randomly and different every time I play or export the project.

Any help is much apprecicated.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 05:28:41 pm »
Hi, I'm having the same exact issue with the Jazz Bass preset in Mini V3.

The instructions above don't seem to apply to my preset as the OSC's are configured differently. Can't solve it.

I am experiencing the same random octave and what seems like random velocities for each note.

Do you have any suggestions. Going mad as this is for a baseline and the bass doesnt stay strong and deep throughout the track. It plays randomly and different every time I play or export the project.

Any help is much apprecicated.
Hello,

The OSC's are free running and drift. They have no phase reset.
This cause differences in sound as 2 OSC's is used for the sound.

The "JazzBass" preset is set to use 2 voice Unison. Because of the shaped Waveform used, then this also result in quite some volume changes.

You can try to disable the Unison mode. This will off course change the sound, as you remove the effect the Unison mode add. It will also cause a volume drop.
To remove all drift also switch of for ecample OSC 2.
Then you can raise volume and for example try to add Flanger effect, if you have one - or perhaps a Chorus or both. Just to simulate the effect the second OSC and the Unison mode give, but without huge volume changes.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 06:21:21 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines