April 29, 2024, 07:34:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there a way to pan Ladder and Steiner hard left and right?  (Read 1055 times)

larioso

Is there a way to pan Ladder and Steiner hard left and right?
« on: December 28, 2021, 09:54:48 pm »
I tried various ways
- LFO 1 squarewave and do amounts positive or negative for each filter type

First I discovered that you need both negative and positive, which only bipolar LFO do.

I am trying to get VCO 1 go Steiner and pan left, and VCO 2 go Ladder pan right.
- was a bit surprised that they are both panned middle to mono unless you control them

I am not succeding. Trigger of LFO sometimes pan in middle or just a bit off center.
Global retrig is set to on so trying Mono type should work too.
Setting phase all the way right, and it trigger with left and negative value, or I expect it to - but no?
- just one of maybe three times it does
- so some problem with retrig maybe

And it's a bit different if Steiner or Ladder too. Steiner works, but Ladder always leaks a bit to other channel if trying to pan hard.

Anybody did something like this?
Thanks.

guyaguy

• Apprentice
Re: Is there a way to pan Ladder and Steiner hard left and right?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 04:23:52 am »
Are you trying to set a static pan or do an auto-pan?

For a static pan you can route the VCO you want then set the Stereo setting to Voice + Filter and turn the Stereo knob clockwise.

For an auto-pan I’d have to sit down with the PB because I don’t think I’ve tried to do that.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 06:27:54 am »
For a static pan you can route the VCO you want then set the Stereo setting to Voice + Filter and turn the Stereo knob clockwise.

OP I think this is your answer. For a static pan, it's done with the Stereo knob, not in the matrix.

larioso

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 08:54:26 am »
Thanks guys, forgot about the Voice + Filter setting. Seems like solution for this approach.

I got a weird vco calibration where where vco1 was -40 cent in two lower octaves on half the voices, c0 and c1 octave at transpose -1. vco 2 was close enough. So attempted to make a video with daw and 2 tuners showing each vco going up the scale. Everything worked but the panning.

Still thinks though that having square wave lfo, bipolar, should never place signal anywhere but left or right depending on amount to the Ladder or Steiner pan. Two out of three key down it places anywhere.

And as I tried doing about 10s cycle on lfo, it does not retrigger as expected either. Running higher rate with many cycles each key down it seems to work though. Retrigger issue it seems.
EDIT: this was utter nonsense by me. I forgot to set Stereo to full counter-clockwise, and then it places each voice differently obviously, not as I programmed. Square lfo works just fine.
My bad....

EDIT: Voice + filter did the trick, absolutely perfect. Prepared if it happends again. Right now tuning is fine.

Tuning as been really stable for me, did nothing since I got PB which is three months ago. It did though deviate needing to use Fine Tune to match piano, so thought time to do calibration again. If something depending on how many pitches are off doing calibration it fails. Will also see if temperature on panels are higher being running for a whole day, and not do calibration then, not sure what happends. Also first time with fw 2.0 doing calibration if something changed. Seems deliberate that exactly 3 voices are about same pitch, and 3 others too pretty close to each other. But only in lower octaves though.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 06:33:38 pm by larioso »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines