April 19, 2024, 02:04:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has the Drumbrute firmware been abandoned?  (Read 1740 times)

paulvanegmond

• Apprentice
Has the Drumbrute firmware been abandoned?
« on: July 27, 2021, 10:56:59 am »
I've been reading several feature requests that seem very reasonable and well thought out, but with little to no response from Arturia. The firmware hasn't been updated in years, so I wonder if Arturia has any plans to revisit the Drumbrute firmware sometime in the near future. Perhaps Arturia could put out a statement on this subforum to indicate whether they're still accepting suggestions for firmware improvements. Because what's the point of this subforum if nobody does anything with it?

If there still is a possibility for a firmware update, here's a few suggestions that I'd like to see implemented:

Allow the SOLO, MUTE buttons to send MIDI commands
This update suggestion would also require an update in the MIDI Control Center software.
If MUTE or SOLO are operated they should transmit a MIDI CC, or preferably a user definable MIDI command or string of commands (SysEx). This would be an advanced feature in the MCC software, and should be labeled as such. With this functionality, the player can improve control over other connected MIDI devices such as other drum computers and FX gear.

Allow the Metronome to send out MIDI commands
This update suggestion would also require an update in the MIDI Control Center software.
If the metronome is active, the player should be able to allow it to transmit a MIDI note, CC, or preferably a user definable MIDI command or string of commands (SysEx). This would be an advanced feature in the MCC software, and should be labeled as such. With this functionality, the player can improve control over other connected MIDI devices such as other drum computers and FX gear.

Rio

• Apprentice
Re: Has the Drumbrute firmware been abandoned?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 09:53:12 am »
yes, sad that arturia has a feature forum here, but doesn't respond to simple questions like this. Besides, your request would not be a major technical effort.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines