April 19, 2024, 11:18:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any plans for a new Keylab Essential release?  (Read 1523 times)

xjvansx

• Apprentice
Any plans for a new Keylab Essential release?
« on: July 23, 2021, 04:42:11 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering if Arturia is planning to release Keylab Essential MK2 in the near future.
I'm considering getting the Keylab Essential, but I feel like Arturia's going to release a new version soon after I get this keyboard.
Anyone has an idea if there's a new MK2 version coming? ???

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Any plans for a new Keylab Essential release?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 10:55:04 am »
They wouldn't tell us even if they were planning to release an updated version.
No company does that.
Sales of the outgoing product would freefall, because as you've insinuated yourself, people would hold-off for the new version.

IMO it's futile worrying that a product you want to buy is going to be imminently replaced. If it meets your requirements, go buy it. If it's replaced literally the day after you buy it, it will still meet your requirements just as much as it did the day you bought it. Don't suffer from FOMO when the thing you're FOMO'ing about is an unknown.

(I guess you can tell by my attitude that I'm not the kind of person fixated by chasing the latest tech. I keep equipment until it no longer does the job I need it to, or until it breaks. Other than that, I generally don't upgrade. In that respect I am the tech manufacturers' worst nightmare.)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

xjvansx

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 06:16:48 am »
Thanks for the input. I ended up getting the Keylab Essential. I'm interested in seeing a new version with an improved integration with Analog Lab in the near future.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 02:02:20 pm »
Nice. Enjoy your purchase.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

marklcfc

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 09:21:18 am »
If they do can I request an on/off switch and less blinding lights that you can’t turn off

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines