June 14, 2024, 08:37:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed  (Read 4593 times)

Daniel Rebel

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Re: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 04:49:28 am »
Hi all,

Here’s one thing that helped me quite a bit in this issue (on Windows 10).
First, I removed all drivers that connect to the Polybrute. Go to the windows device manager (open the start menu and search for “device”, should be the first hit).
In the view menu, enable the option “Show hidden devices”.
Expand the node  “Sound, video and game controllers” section), right-click all the device entries “Polybrute Midi” (don’t exactly remember what its called, but like that) and click Uninstall.

You may also find it displayed in a separate section “Arturia” of the “Device manager” - delete those as well. And you may also have to check the “Delete the driver software for this device” box to ensure properly uninstalling the related driver as well.

When the uninstall process is complete, unplug the device.

Restart your computer

From there, please reinstall Polybrute Connect before plugging the Polybrute back again (once having restarted the computer).

One reinstalled, plug it back again and give it another try. In my case, it didn’t work properly still. Go to the device manager again. You now might find two entries. One is called “Polybrute Midi”, the other something similar. While one device is shown as properly installed and working, the other has a warning ⚠️ indicator. Right-click on the properly installed device, go to properties-driver-driver details and note or cooy the location of the Polybrute Midi driver.
The right click on the not properly installed device (with the ⚠️) and choose to manually install the driver. Point it to the Polybrute Midi driver you noted before and install that.

In my case, since then it works.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

RMBL

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Re: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2022, 05:23:25 pm »
Hi All - I experienced this for the first time today.  Rebooted the PB and still the same problem.  But if I have PolyBrute Control open and I keep my PolyBrute powered on and do a hot unplug-replug of the usb cable, PolyBrute Connect recognizes the PB again and all is working.  I'm guessing others tried this already too, but wanted to post this just in case.
Cheers,
Yohonis

This was helpful, thanks!

msm

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Re: Connect: fetching metadata from the polybrute failed
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2023, 06:25:37 pm »
After all this time has gone by, same problem here.  I keep getting the "Fetching metadata from the Polybrute failed/ Please restart your device to re-try" message. I've tried 5 different usb cables. I am using a 4-ft one now, and have rebooted the Mac, my DAW (Digital Performer) and the keyboard itself many times. No go.  The idea is so great. If only it worked.

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines