April 28, 2024, 10:13:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Configuring Keylab Essential 61 in Bitwig  (Read 1430 times)

GrizzlyAK

• Apprentice
Configuring Keylab Essential 61 in Bitwig
« on: July 20, 2021, 10:35:52 pm »
I'm new to this, so please be gentle.  ;)

I have my new KeyLab Essential 61 plugged in via USB in Win10 for use in Bitwig 4. The Notes work and play as expected in Bitwig as well as Analog Lab V. Both work in either Analog Lab and DAW Preset mode. I have tried several different controller configurations in Bitwig, including the most relevant post here from 2018, but I still can't get my encoders and faders to work reliably in Bitwig. I can get some movement in fader and pan using the configuration shown in the screenshot (when the KeyLab is set to Daw Preset mode). But it is unreliable, in that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't respond at all.

I also don't know if using MCC to map things is a required step if Bitwig has an entry for this particular Keyboard controller in its controller dropdown, which I assume means it is already mapped?

When I just had the Arturia entry set in Bitwig, without the Mackie MCU, I didn't see the small triangle indicators on the faders in Bitwig which indicate that the function is mapped, and nothing worked. So, I guess one question is, is the configuration I have the right one, or is there something else that is more appropriate? And, do I need to do anything else in MCC to get full control as is?

One final question: What is the difference between the Arturia KeyLab Essential 61 entry in Bitwig and the MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2 entries? I'm not sure when one is appropriate and when it isn't. It didn't seem to explain that very well in the manual.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines