April 28, 2024, 12:00:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has the "SKIP / JUMP STEP" function been implemented?  (Read 1278 times)

Aryn

• Apprentice
Has the "SKIP / JUMP STEP" function been implemented?
« on: May 08, 2020, 03:10:05 am »
Hello,

I'm interested to know if the "SKIP / JUMP STEP" sequencing function has been introduced, which allows to choose in real time only the steps you want to run in a sequence (for example, within the sequencing, will run only steps 2, 3, 7, 12 etc ... / in the loop, skipping the intermediate steps, which are between the numbers shown, with the possibility to add other new steps or to reduce the number of steps, at choice, in real time), as can be done with Doepfer Dark Time, Manikin Schrittmacher, Social Entropy Engine etc ?

This is very important if we want a sequencing in the musical genre - Berlin School (Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze) / sequencing based on real-time improvised steps, in an active sequence !

I was told some time ago, when I asked about the same thing, that the message will be sent to the product manager, and I would like to know if this function has been implemented.

If you have implemented the function to "SKIP / JUMP STEP", to activate and deactivate the steps of your choice, please make a tutorial in this regard !

Example of step/skip sequencing:
min 0.45 - 3.45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ALQtSlnCA

min 4.58 - 5.36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhL3EBpejQU

Thank you !

ASDPC

• Apprentice
Re: Has the "SKIP / JUMP STEP" function been implemented?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 09:44:54 am »
Right now you can skip steps (making them not play notes) by selecting them and unmarking the 16/32/48/64 buttons on the top right of the unit.

But if you mean extracting them altogether from the sequence (say I remove 1 step from a 16-step sequence, I end up with a 15-step sequence), that's not supported as far as the manual explains.

The most similar feature is shortening a sequence by pressing "Lst Step" and then the step where we want the sequence to start over.

Hope it helps!

Aryn

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 11:08:42 am »
It is incomprehensible to me how it is possible that after so many years of "evolution", there is no "primitive" function and essential for a live sequencing !

johndoe

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:13:01 am »
It is incomprehensible to me how it is possible that after so many years of "evolution", there is no "primitive" function and essential for a live sequencing !

+3

Aryn

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 08:51:21 am »
Has the "SKIP / JUMP STEP" function been implemented in the new update ?
Korg SQ-64 can do this, but it doesn't have a keyboard ! 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines