March 29, 2024, 12:46:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 25: MIDI Ports vs USB Port  (Read 2336 times)

MND

Keylab 25: MIDI Ports vs USB Port
« on: March 25, 2021, 05:54:07 am »
New to this. Just got aKeylab 25, love it. Question on the MIDI ports and the USB Port at the back of the device. Someone told me the USB port is to connect to a computer DAW which works fine for me via Logic, GB, AL etc. However I tried to do the same but via its MIDI in/out and my Mac wouldn’t recognise it. I’ve been told the MIDI ports on the KL25 isn’t to connect o a computer or DAW but it’s foe other MIDI device. The only way to connect to a computer/DAW is the USB. Is that right? Thanks

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keylab 25: MIDI Ports vs USB Port
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 11:28:37 am »
Welcome.

Technically you could connect your keylab to a computer using the midi sockets but you will get far better integration with software like Analog Lab and V Collection (should you choose to buy it) if you use the USB connection.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

MND

Re: Keylab 25: MIDI Ports vs USB Port
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 11:48:24 am »
Thanks for the reply. Ok understood. I do have AL4. However the problem is my Mac is not recognising the KL25. It did see it but it’s dimmed and greyed out not allowing me to set it to Online. I use a MIDI TO USB interface cable, Mac recognised the interface cable and its active but the KL25 is not active. So, I thought the MIDI ports of the KL25 is not meant for that but only to connect other MIDI devices as someone told me. I now have different explanation from different users. Confused. But I think the MIDI ports of the KL25 should connect to my Mac.. I may have missed out something or not set and configured correctly.. how do I check.. is there any settings on the KL25 itself that I need to do to let it get recognised by my Mac/MIDI Studio in Mac?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines