March 29, 2024, 09:00:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: user defineable folder for presets and settings !  (Read 1605 times)

Halfdane

user defineable folder for presets and settings !
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:36:56 pm »
Hi Arturia,

thanks for all your wonderful work !

I divide work between my studio (Mac Pro cheesegrater) and on the road (MacBook Pro) - and I store as many presets and settings as possible in a central folder in my Dropbox, so that the preset I work hard on building in the studio is automatically mirrored on My MacBook and available when I need it there.

It's just such a lovely and effective way of working - and for most of my software, it really works well: work on a song in the studio, finish it when you get home with a minimum of hassle..

I'd love the same to be true for my V-collection: alas, it seems you otherwise brilliant chaps have made this nearly impossible, spreading the presets in numerous locations on my OSX SSD. Could you consider changing this in a future update !? I can't be the only one really missing this.

Also, the presets we have access to in ALV, eg. the collections we've purchased - these are not available in the individual instruments it seems ?  - a shame that you can only access them in ALV..

Best regards
Halfdan E

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: user defineable folder for presets and settings !
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 03:04:34 pm »
Hi Halfdan,
All our preset files are stored in "Library/Arturia/Presets" on mac, so i'm not sure to understand what you mean by "numerous locations"
If you own the individual instruments or the full vcollection, you should be able to access the presets you purchased in the instrument.
If not I suggest that you contact the support !

Marie

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines