April 27, 2024, 12:51:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Version / Features  (Read 8096 times)

Modularuser

New Version / Features
« on: August 29, 2003, 12:02:20 pm »
Hi,

I`ve been trying the demo since arturia released it, and I`ve found a very well sounding Virtual synth.
I have lots of analog gear, mostly modular synths (not modular Mg) but modulars from Roland, Synton, Formant, Korg, Blacet, Doepfer, Polyfusion and MOTM.

I ve found the same faults than other dicovered: Not true S/H, not true RM, no audio input, and I know that at least the audio input and the S/H will be fixed in next version.
One of the worst features is that the oscilators don`t have a free running state and they always reset when you play a key, so you`ll get the vco in the same initial state everytime you press a key. I think a key reset on/of and a start point for each vco is a "first thing to do", this is far important than the audio in or S/H.

The other point is the inestability of the synth: crashes, graphical problems, memory refresh problems... Is a pain to work with that, so please fix it, if you want betatesters, release the unstable versions for free, but don`t use customers as betatesters.
There was a discussion about MMV recently in several analog lists (MOTM modular and Analog Heaven among others) and at least 4 people there buyed the MMV and they returned it after a week, not for the sound but for those inestabilities and lack of features.
We are using real hardware modulars everyday and I hope our thinks will count.

Anonymous

New Version / Features
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 10:30:40 pm »
Hmmm.... interesting comments. For what it is woth I run MMV everyday in my studio. It has become a selling point for people wanting to use my studio. I have not had any of these problems. Perchance you should invest in a better sound card and or system for better stability.

Greg DiDonato , APPLEWORKS RECORDING STUDIOS

New Version / Features
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 10:36:25 am »
Hello Modularuser,

why do you complain about using the customers as beta-users? If i understood you post right, you are just using the demo version. That means you haven't spend any money yet. That's the sense of giving free demo versions to the customer, allowing them to check if the program works fine for them. So, why do you complain? If it doesn't fit your needs, don't buy it.
Next thing is, neither the demo nor the full version (i bought it two weeks ago) was causing any problems on my notebook.
I think most of the problems mentioned in this board or caused by cheap soundcards with bad drivers and/or instable configured systems. Of course i can only talk about the PC-version.

atomicmoog

crashes of mmv???? on the contrary!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 01:26:43 pm »
hi
the mmv-demo  runs for days on my old pIII with win98se on it ...  with the inbuild soundcard. so i think the problems are not beside mmv but beside not proper installed or exotical soundcards, or at the "modern" versions of windows ... other friends have so much problems there, too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines