March 29, 2024, 02:15:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Apple M1 Support  (Read 9061 times)

Threlly

• Apprentice
Apple M1 Support
« on: November 29, 2020, 05:32:32 pm »
Hi,

When will we see Apple Silicon/M1 supported natively by Arturia ?

Threlly

Threlly

• Apprentice
Re: Apple M1 Support
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 12:15:20 am »
Zero response from Arturia.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 01:16:58 pm »
Probably within a year. I'm an Apple fanboy and potentially interested in buying an Apple silicon Mac within the next few months, but seriously, just how far up Arturia's list of priorities do you think it's gonna be for them to re-code their apps for the benefit of a tiny percentage of customers? This isn't the same as 15 years ago when app developers were asked to re-code their Mac apps from a chipset barely anyone used (Motorola PPC) to Intel, in fact it's the polar opposite.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Threlly

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 12:23:47 pm »
Well, ALL Macs will be Apple Silicon within approx 18 months to two years, so, not a tiny fraction.
Apple users tend to migrate to new technology fairly quickly, I did last time, so Arturia need to confirm their plans or I can take my renewal budget to a developer that wants to communicate.
I don't trust any software company that doesn't have a roadmap, it's unprofessional.
Still...no response from Arturia.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 10:03:59 am »
Well, ALL Macs will be Apple Silicon within approx 18 months to two years, so, not a tiny fraction.
No. That's potentially all NEW Macs. Every Mac out there released before 17 November last year is NOT running on Apple Silicon. So yes, tiny fraction. For a long time.
I don't trust any software company that doesn't have a roadmap, it's unprofessional.
Who said they don't have a roadmap? I'm guessing, but right now, they probably don't have the resources to drop everything to re-code their software to work on a computer that's only been on sale for two months, for the benefit of an infinitesimally-small percentage of their user-base.
Give them a break.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Khechog

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 01:44:09 pm »
Hi, is it just the software affected by the M1 processor or are their issues with hardware comparability too?

Thank you.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 01:07:54 pm »
No it's just a software/firmware issue.

Latest statement from Arturia regarding M1/BigSur compatability:

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/compatibility-with-macos-big-sur

warrenao

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 09:31:51 pm »
I'm currently running Analog Lab V and the V8 collection on both a 2018 Mini, and a 2020 Air; the latter has an M1 chip, and both Macs are running Big Sur. The experience is the same on both systems; Arturia's software functions well.

It might be running under Rosetta on the Air. But in any case, it works fine.

I'm not as sanguine about the deprecation arc. Apple had no trouble at all leaving users hanging, so to speak, when they shifted from PPC to Intel; after a couple of years they simply stopped deploying system updates that ran on PPC, and after another couple of years developers had stopped supporting the PPC architecture entirely with their new software. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a similar situation with the shift from Intel to M1.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines