April 19, 2024, 08:27:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I can't help but notice a lack of Korg emulation in V Collection  (Read 2347 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
I can't help but notice a lack of Korg emulation in V Collection
« on: September 24, 2020, 05:45:19 am »
I'm assuming this is due to some licensing issue with Korg.  ???
I bet Arturia could do some pretty sweet emulations of their instruments. A nice MS-20. MonoPoly. Wavestation ...
This space left intentionally blank.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: I can't help but notice a lack of Korg emulation in V Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 01:23:37 pm »
Korg make their own, so probably they won't license third-party emulations. I wish Arturia made Roland emulations, like the D50. But that won't happen for the same reason I expect. Wouldn't be so bad if you could actually buy one from Roland, but instead Roland have gone down the 'perpetual payment' route of Roland Cloud, which is the antithesis of what I want.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: I can't help but notice a lack of Korg emulation in V Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 08:05:04 am »
IIRC Ensoniq are owned by Creative, so there would be a hurdle with the rights to their IP.
*markd mutters about about Creative's support for legacy products such as the 90's E-mu products....
Korg make their own, so probably they won't license third-party emulations. I wish Arturia made Roland emulations, like the D50. But that won't happen for the same reason I expect. Wouldn't be so bad if you could actually buy one from Roland, but instead Roland have gone down the 'perpetual payment' route of Roland Cloud, which is the antithesis of what I want.

Korg also owns the Vox name so it's a good thing we got that when we did. Pity they could not get the Baroque

Actually, another thing Arturia is missing is Ensoniq. I have the VST that Rainer Buchty was passing around ofthe SQ-80,  which he said he would like to see developed further and would happily turn it over to Arturia for development. Buchty also said that there was a fourth audio oscillator. Another Ensoniq that would be nice would be the KT or KS Also Transwave.I had the SQ-80, which I described as "the MiniMoog of the '90's" No doubt Arturia could use their "under the hood" to soup it up; like 32 notepoly and unearthing that 4th oscillator, then let me at it. The only thing I could not do with it is create patches  with full-bore Leslies that would slow down and speed up realistically. However, an Arturia Leslie woud do just fine for the organ patches. I could created combo organ patches that would bring Ray Manzarekback to life with 4 audio oscillators and I created 3 rank strings patches that were just great and when I layered them; well...
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines