September 28, 2024, 01:48:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can't update to 1.2.6 firmware  (Read 1483 times)

musirafael

• Apprentice
[SOLVED] Can't update to 1.2.6 firmware
« on: July 07, 2020, 04:28:59 pm »
Hi

Just received my Keystep Pro a couple of hours ago, updated my W10 box, plugged the power supply and USB cables and made sure that I have the latest MCC (1.11.1.1538).

Now, MCC starts and notifies me about the 1.2.6 available upgrade. However, after downloading the firmware, when I click on the "Ok" button to start the upgrade, MCC crashes badly without any clue of what's going on. It simply dissapears.  :'( :'( :'(
Has anyone experienced this?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:26:52 am by musirafael »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Can't update to 1.2.6 firmware
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 04:44:55 pm »
I just received my Keystep Pro yesterday and successfully upgraded to 1.26, under  Windows 10.  You said you fully upgraded your Windows 10?  Does that mean you are on 2004?  I haven't gone up yet and am still on 1903, maybe the new Windows update is causing this?

I am really sorry to hear about the problem though, I am having my own share of problems with the controller, so I know the frustration.

musirafael

• Apprentice
Re: Can't update to 1.2.6 firmware
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 05:51:06 pm »
No, it just just the ordinary Windows 10 patch updates. Sorry if I meant a full upgrade. I'm really a Linux guy and I use W10 sparingly for unavoidable things like this,

I'll try and convince someone else to install MCC for a while and upgrade from his/her PC.

musirafael

• Apprentice
Re: [SOLVED] Can't update to 1.2.6 firmware
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 12:28:33 am »
Ok, I used someone else's PC for the time being.
 I'll depend on that for every firmware update  :'(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:40:17 am by musirafael »

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 12:38:41 am »
That sucks.  At least you got it updated.  There are going to be plenty of updates to go, too.  So much wrong at the moment and still a lot missing. 

musirafael

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 12:41:55 am »
Good luck with your KSP, Andrew. I hope somebody here will help you in fixing it. If not, do not regret to send it back. This thing is feature-packed and takes lots of time to stabilize the firmware. I just need it for the polyphonic CV and small size, the rest will see ...

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 05:39:05 pm »
Good luck with your KSP, Andrew. I hope somebody here will help you in fixing it. If not, do not regret to send it back. This thing is feature-packed and takes lots of time to stabilize the firmware. I just need it for the polyphonic CV and small size, the rest will see ...

Thanks so much.  I am having an extremely hard time with this controller, versus my Novation.  I started a conversation with Leo in support and got some help, but haven't heard much back since.

Part of the problems I am having are vital features missing that my Novation had and another major problem where the synth will not trigger my external hardware at all and only my software.  I really need to get that sorted, or this thing is definitely going back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines