March 28, 2024, 12:17:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection desktop icons....  (Read 4546 times)

Fluffymonkey

V Collection desktop icons....
« on: June 01, 2020, 11:09:42 pm »
I've installed the download manager software on my PC about 4 times now, and every time it adds desktop icons.

Personally, I can't stand desktop icons and never use them, but worse than this it's now added the icons to my OneDrive which has sync'd the icons across two of my other PC's!

How can I not install desktop icons when re-installing my desktop?  I do this a fair amount as I'm an early adopter tester for the Windows Insider programme and it pretty frequently breaks my PC :D

Thanks!

gphantom

Re: V Collection desktop icons....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:40:52 am »
Check if there's an option to add icon to desktop.  If there's no option then - you'll have to suffer like the rest of us.  Personally, I have folders on my desktop.  One is for "SYNTHS" which includes Analog Lab 4, Modular V, Software Center, Midi Control Center and others that have to do with synths.  All I do when I update is to simply delete the icon on the desktop and use the ones in my folders.

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:15:38 pm »
Okay sure, but this is still pretty annoying for those of us who have been V-Collection owners for several years now. Every single time I update using ASC, it places 25 more useless icons to clutter my windows desktop. Why??

These icons are interspersed with other application icons that I actually DO WANT on my desktop, and I want to be able to see and find those other icons easily. Which is exactly why those other icons are on my desktop! The only way for me to fix things is to go in after every Arturia update, and manually select and delete each Arturia icon.

It makes me want to stop updating my Arturia instruments. But that would also be bad. I've spent a lot of money with Arturia over the years. Why do I have to choose between the best of some bad options? Why can't they just put a new option in ASC that says "Place Icons on Desktop", so I could disable it? That would make me happy.

I mean, I don't even USE the standalone applications anyway. Like most users, I access my V-Collection synths from inside my DAW. So these desktop icons are really completely useless to begin with. Nothing but clutter/spam from Arturia.

Show your loyal customers some respect, Arturia, and stop cluttering our desktops.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 03:29:59 pm »
I moved from Windows (XP) to Mac nearly 10 years ago and I've only just thought about the fact that this doesn't happen with the Mac version of V Collection. In fact it doesn't happen with any apps. Presumably because the OS doesn't allow installers to clutter our desktops with shortcuts (in Mac/Unix speak: aliases). I'm sure most Windows users don't want their desktops cluttered with 25 extra icons every time they update V Collection. Come on Arturia, I'm in united support with my Windows cousins here, give them an option to not have desktop shortcuts installed when they update your apps!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:31:12 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines