April 29, 2024, 02:55:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No sound coming out with Keylab 49  (Read 6282 times)

edwardjmeredith

• Apprentice
No sound coming out with Keylab 49
« on: April 19, 2020, 04:53:26 am »
I'm using Logic Pro X

I'm able to hear the sounds on the keyboard when I play them (only with Analog Lab open) and I'm able to record them in Logic. However, when I play it back, I can't hear anything. Anybody know why?

Also, with the keylab, are you able to import your own sounds and kits into the keyboard keys and produce music?

Thanks.

LBH

Re: No sound coming out with Keylab 49
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 01:21:39 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Keylab is a controller. It has no internal sounds or any audio processing at all. Keylab is used to control hardware and/ or software like Analog Lab. Your DAW also have instruments that Keylab can control.

That also means, that if you record midi inside your DAW, then you also have to have a soundsource open that is being played by the midi track.
So if you have recorded midi, then also be sure you have a soundsource opened that is being played by the track.
How can you see you have recorded anything? Did you have a soundmodule like Analog Lab open inside Logic, when you recorded?

It's about spending time to learn and understand what's going on.

edwardjmeredith

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 08:05:22 pm »
I recorded screen video to hopefully get a better understanding of what I'm talking about, but apparently the file is too large. I've attached a picture. I have Analog Lab open while running Logic. I'm able to load presets in Analog Lab and record them in Logic, but when I play it back it's silent.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 09:39:26 pm »
Looks to me like you're sending midi from Logic to the keylab's Midi Out, ie an external instrument. You haven't used any VSTs. What sound do you think it should be playing? You need to familiarise yourself with what controllers and VSTs are. To be honest it wouldn't do you any harm to download garageband and start from there, cos I think you're trying to run before you can walk; you're obviously very new to this. We all started somewhere so I'm honestly not meaning this in a condescending way.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

edwardjmeredith

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 09:58:53 pm »
No worries. I've been using Logic for years, but only to record music, not MIDI production. I guess I'm just looking for a solution to the reason why I can't hear any sound and what I should do. I've followed every instruction but can't hear any playback.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 10:16:26 pm »
As MajorFubar say, then it does'nt look like you use a plugin instrument.
I can't see you have recorded any audio. It look like you have recorded some midi notes, and send them to your controller that as i have informed does'nt have any sounds. If it's Analog Lab you will use, then you shall use the plugin version and load it inside Logic and have the midi notes to control that.

Which instructions have you followed?

edwardjmeredith

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 10:26:30 pm »
How do I use the plugin version and load it inside Logic? I believe that's the issue since I'm novice to this. I followed the Arturia manual that came with the keyboard. They don't have specific tutorials on how to work it with Logic.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 10:55:15 pm »
You have to learn how to do it in Logic. Your issue is about using Logic. That's not a Arturia thing. Please consult Logic Manual and support forums.
I don't use MAC and Logic.

edwardjmeredith

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 11:18:10 pm »
Sounds good. Thanks for the taking the time to discuss through this.

LBH

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 11:20:58 pm »
Your welcome.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines