May 29, 2023, 01:09:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

Arturia Forums

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Message icon:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write arturia backwards, without uppercase:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Topic Summary

Posted by: ChrisVereb
« on: March 11, 2022, 07:50:43 pm »

I'm having problems with arpeggiator rate as a mod matrix destination on my microfreak as well.   Firmware version is 4.0.  I was following along with this tutorial when I noticed the problem:

I've set my sync mode to internal and verified the arp is not in sync mode (display reads "Tempo" after pressing the Rate/Swing button).  As in that video above, I'm using an init patch modified to have the Key/Arp set to modify the arp rate (as assignable 1) with a depth of -100.  I'll put the arp in hold mode, add a few notes, and extend the arp range to 3 octaves to ensure the modulation of arp rate should be pretty significant.  Instead, it just holds a steady temp.   

If I then try manually changing the rate, the tempo will change significantly and then hold there.  For example say I was at 120.0 bpm and I increase the tempo to 120.1 bpm.  The actual tempo will then jump to something like 90 bpm.  The display will still indicate 120.01 bpm, but the actual arp is playing significantly slower than it was at 120.0 bpm.  The change to the effective bpm is not consistent.  I'm guessing it is related to the arp note that is playing when the new tempo is applied.  Maybe the key/arp modulation is being determined when BPM updates from the knob, but is not being applied from subsequent notes from the arp.

aguadopd - it sounds like this was working for you last year.  Do you know if you are on the same FW version now as you were back then?  If you've updated, I'm curious to see if this still works for you.  It'd be useful to know if the behavior is only on certain units, or only on specific firmware versions.
Posted by: MISZCZYK
« on: September 23, 2021, 10:32:38 pm »

I can set the arp as a destination in the mod matrix, it just doesn't modulate at all. No mater what I assign to it. Anyone else with this problem?
Posted by: aguadopd
« on: July 22, 2021, 07:42:33 pm »

Make sure that the Arp is set to sync > off. With the sync timings it doesn't work for some reason.

When Synchronizing to an external clock (via USB or MIDI inputs, for example), the MicroFreak expects a MIDI START message or a CONTINUE message to start playing when in Arpeggiator or Sequence mode. This messages should be sent by the external device that is controlling the MIDI beatclock, whether it is a DAW or some hardware sequencer or other device. If using a DAW, make sure that it is configured to generate the beatclock signal and to send it to the MicroFreak.
Posted by: Amaethron
« on: July 13, 2021, 11:11:40 pm »

Make sure that the Arp is set to sync > off. With the sync timings it doesn't work for some reason.
Posted by: aguadopd
« on: July 03, 2021, 07:40:14 am »

Hope you could solve it. If not: you are in Sync Rate mode. Press the knob to switch to free rate mode, and then it should work. You should read "Rate" in the screen.
Posted by: fallenturtle
« on: May 16, 2021, 11:36:05 pm »

The manual says you can set the Arp&Seq rate as a destination in the matrix, but for the life of me I can't figure out how. I've tried holding down one of the custom assign buttons and turning the arp rate knob, but it just changes the arp rate as if I wasn't holding anything down.
Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines