May 17, 2024, 03:05:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tr 909 DynSync Terrible ground !!! Probleme de masse avec tr-909 en DynSync  (Read 2689 times)

tomazzzi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello,

I m looking for some dinsync experts...

I m having ground loop problem with my tr-909 DinSync connected to a BeatStep Pro.

I m using a standard midi cable so maybe that's the problem....no idea...anyone knows what cables do i need to disconnect from a midi cable to make it a DinSync one ?

The 909 starts and syncs fine but i have a terrible ground noise coming from.
Of course i m using the ground loop thing from Arturia included with the BeatStep Pro.
The BeatStep is uptodate.

Any idea ???

Thanks !

Bonjour,

J'ai un souci de masse avec ma Tr-909 et le BeatStep pro.
La 909 est connectée en DynSync au Beat Step Pro avec un cable midi standard ( c'est peut etre cela le souci....comment faire un cable Dyn à partir d'un cable midi ? )

La synchro et le start fonctionnent sans souci mais j'ai un bruit de masse assez terrifiant !
Bien sur j'utilise le connecteur ground loop fournit avec le beatstep et celui ci est à jour.

Une idée ???

Merci

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:26:29 pm by tomazzzi »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi, Have you tried using the Y connector for the bsp this is designed to stop ground loops. are you using a computer as well.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

tomazzzi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,

Like i said in my post i used the ground loop connector supplied with the beatstep.

Thomas

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi tomazzzi,

Could you please tell me if when you disconnect your Midi cable you still have your ground loop problem ?
Ground loop may occur if you share ground on several devices.
Could you tell us exactly how your devices are connected MIDI/CV/Audio....

Did you look at that ? :
    Avoiding Ground Loop with BeatStepPro
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlck5PUHVkQVpodFE/view?usp=sharing
.......testing.......

tomazzzi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the answer.

The 909 is dinsync connected to the clock out port of the beatstep pro.
I tried it as the only device connected to the beatstep.

The Y adaptor is connected on a USB port of my macbook pro ( USB ) and on a powered USB hub that is also connected to the macbook pro ( power ).
Maybe the problem is here, i may need to connect it to an external power supply instead of the USB hub.

Bonjour Ben,

Merci pour ta réponse.

La tr909 est connectée en dinsync au beatstep pro sur le port clock out.

L'adaptateur y est lui branché au port USB de mon macbook pro ( USB ) et aussi connecté sur un HUB usb ( POWER ) qui lui aussi est branché sur mon macbook pro.

Peut etre que le souci est la, je vais essayer de le brancher sur une alimentation externe qui ne serait pas branchée sur le macbook pro.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Yep that's the problem.
You didn't split DATAs from supply by connection both to the same device.
As explained in the tutorials you must connect PC side of the Y connector to your MAC and Power side to an power supply (like a phone USB charger)
Please read the tutorial once again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlck5PUHVkQVpodFE/view

Oui c'est bien ça le problème.
Tu as connecté les 2 côtés du cable en Y à la même source. C'est donc comme si tu n'avais pas mis l'adaptateur en Y.
Il faut que le côté noté PC aille à ton MAC et l'autre à une source externe de courant comme un chargeur de téléphone USB.
S'il te plaît regarde de nouveau notre tutorial je pense que toutes les réponses sont dedant.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlck5PUHVkQVpodFE/view
.......testing.......

tomazzzi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hahaha my mistake !!
I though the power part could be connected to any source of power including a computer.
I ll try tonight and let you know the result !

Thanks a lot !

Haha quelle erreur stupide !
Je pensais qu'on pouvait connecter la partie power à n'importe quelle source incluant l'ordi.
Je teste ce soir et je te fais un retour.
Merci beaucoup pour ton aide !!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:50:22 pm by tomazzzi »

tomazzzi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello Ben,

That's perfect !!!!
Thanks again for your help !

C'est parfait !!!
Merci encore pour ton aide !!

Regards

Thomas