May 03, 2024, 09:23:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MCC Error Message  (Read 355 times)

bcab17

• Apprentice
MCC Error Message
« on: December 19, 2021, 04:52:46 am »
Just got a Keylab MK2. I turned it on. Opened my DAW (Reaper). Put an instance of Analog Lab on a track, and started trying things out. Then I opened MCC on my pc, and an error message popped up...something like "Device cannot be found. Confirm that the device is not in use by another application." I've tried this a few times, and either keep getting the same error or MCC won't open at all ("the program is not responding").

Does this mean that MCC and Reaper cannot be open at the same time...or is there a specific order in which I must:
Turn on the MK2. Open MCC. Open Reaper?

LBH

Re: MCC Error Message
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 05:59:42 pm »
Does this mean that MCC and Reaper cannot be open at the same time
I don't have an Arturia controller to test. But if it works, when you close MCC  - at least before opening Reaper, then you have your answer i would say.

bcab17

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 06:19:36 am »
Does this mean that MCC and Reaper cannot be open at the same time
I don't have an Arturia controller to test. But if it works, when you close MCC  - at least before opening Reaper, then you have your answer i would say.
Thank you for the reply.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 11:42:57 pm »
Windows MIDI drivers aren't multi-client, meaning, they can't "serve" multiple applications at the same time for the same MIDI port.

So, this is a natural thing to happen. If Reaper takes control of the USB MIDI Ports used by the KeyLab, then no other app can access it, like the MCC.
Likewise, if you start MCC before Reaper while the KeyLab is connected, Reaper won't be able to access it until you close the MCC.

On a sidenote, usually you'll use the MCC just to set things up on the KeyLab and then "forget" about it, only needing it again to do firmware updates to the KeyLab.

Some brands provide their own custom USB MIDI drivers that can support multi-clients (i.e. multiple applications using the same MIDI port). Arturia does this but only for specific products (like the PolyBrute, MicroFreak)

bcab17

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 01:22:02 am »
Windows MIDI drivers aren't multi-client, meaning, they can't "serve" multiple applications at the same time for the same MIDI port.

So, this is a natural thing to happen. If Reaper takes control of the USB MIDI Ports used by the KeyLab, then no other app can access it, like the MCC.
Likewise, if you start MCC before Reaper while the KeyLab is connected, Reaper won't be able to access it until you close the MCC.

On a sidenote, usually you'll use the MCC just to set things up on the KeyLab and then "forget" about it, only needing it again to do firmware updates to the KeyLab.

Some brands provide their own custom USB MIDI drivers that can support multi-clients (i.e. multiple applications using the same MIDI port). Arturia does this but only for specific products (like the PolyBrute, MicroFreak)
That’s a perfect explanation. Than you so much.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines