May 16, 2024, 06:43:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Does Arturia Have A Solution To The Chronic Tuning Issue?  (Read 927 times)

jeffvandell@gmail.com

Does Arturia Have A Solution To The Chronic Tuning Issue?
« on: February 15, 2022, 01:50:32 am »
My PolyBrute is always a 1/2 step out of tune. I have upgraded the firmware, run the calibration procedure multiple times and experimented with  manually tuning the oscillators. Manually tuning them works, until I change to another setting, then it's a half step out of tune again. Before I waste any more time trying  to make more music with this I need to know if there is a permanent fix, either software or hardware. I could not find a software fix and I do not want to send this unit to whatever repair vendor Arturia users unless they have a fix. If there is none I will request my 3k back from the retailer and move on. Any advice? Thanks, jv

Moho

• Apprentice
Re: Does Arturia Have A Solution To The Chronic Tuning Issue?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 10:58:39 am »
Maybe a stupid question but have you checked the fine tune is centred?

jeffvandell@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:38:58 pm »
Thank you Thank you!! That was the problem! I forgot about the fine tune knob, never touch it and was focused on tuning OSC 1, 2, 3. Thank you my friend. This is exactly how the hive mind of the internet is beneficial. :)

Moho

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 12:44:25 am »
Glad I could help, it reminded me of when I first got the Polybrute, I was convinced the headphone out was broken till I remembered it had a separate phone volume knob  :-[

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines