May 15, 2024, 10:02:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter 8v will not authorize on Mac OSX 10.5.2  (Read 10762 times)

Nikolajbd

Jupiter 8v will not authorize on Mac OSX 10.5.2
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:00:15 am »
Hi there. I have bought the Arturia V collection.
The only Plug that will not authorize is Jupiter 8v.
Can someone help me out here?
The jupiter was why I bought the damm thing.

It says Unknown Application in the syncrosoft License control center.
( Prophet V is authorized )

Best Regards

Nikolaj

Nikolajbd

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 12:20:32 pm »
Got this from Arturia and it seem to work,  but the thing with clicks and interface is still there ;- (, I hope that will be fixed soon, lets all pray for that.

This might be caused by a Syncrosoft version conflict.
Let's follow these basic steps:
1. unplug any dongle from your computer
2. download and install the latest Syncrosoft License Control Center from <http://www.syncrosoft.com/License_Control_Center-78-11.html> (a machine reboot might be necessary)
3. replug your dongle(s) and launch the SLCC

Best Regards

Nikolaj

Kacey Baker

• http://www.kcbproductions.net
GOD DAMMIT!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19:07 am »
I am having the same problem, J8V wont authorise, and my LCC wont recognise any license for it.

I've down loaded the new installer for both the 8v and LCC, and nothing is working!

I've been dealing with support at Arturia who decided to cut of all communication and no longer write back when nothing they suggested worked.   Real nice guys!!!

Can someone at Camp Arturia please shed some light. Ive payed my $350Aus, for a dud product.... i need the sounds.. and this is just getting redicuous!!!

HHHEEELLPP!

erikromero10

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »
Likewise here!!!

I bought the Arturia collection, mainly for Jupiter 8, and it works fine at home on my Dual G5 PPC (Tiger OS).... but on my recently purchased 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (Leopard OS), I am not able to authorize Jupiter 8.

Im irrate because this product cost me $600 US Dollars and it just doesnt work when I need it to.... when I travel.

I have spent quite a few hours trying to get my purchased product to work AND I've tried the mentioned "workaround" (Updating Syncrosoft).... but that doesnt work:

1. unplug any dongle from your computer
2. download and install the latest Syncrosoft License Control Center from <http://www.syncrosoft.com/License_Control_Center-78-11.html> (a machine reboot might be necessary)
3. replug your dongle(s) and launch the SLCC

Anyhow, Arturia needs to do something to remedy this situation.  We are paying customers with legitimate licenses of their product and the support needs to be there when we need it.  I think my next step is to write to Music Tech Magazine, Sound on Sound, FutureMusic, etc... and let them know the situation.  Maybe they will at least print something indicating Arturia doesnt show they care about their paying customers and at least I'd be able to have anyone else considering purchasing an Arturia product to rethink buying the software!

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 01:59:40 pm »
@Kacey: one more step and the problem is being solved, just check your mailbox.

@Erik: I didn't find any technical support request from you in our database; before writing to "Music Tech Magazine, Sound on Sound, FutureMusic, etc...", just think about writing to the Tech Support!  :wink:
ex-Arturian

vinsol

Re: Jupiter 8v will not authorize on Mac OSX 10.5.2
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:12:59 am »
What's the Remedy I have been pulling out my hair trying to get this to work

dswtan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Jupiter 8v will not authorize on Mac OSX 10.5.2 (or 10.5.4, for me)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:18:21 pm »
J-8V v1.1 is also not working for me (Intel iMac, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB, OS X 10.5.4, everything updated).

I've done the dongle out-download syncrosoft-install-dongle in dance more times than I care to remember. Prophet V works just fine. Syncrosoft is now at v5.4.8.6. The rest of my Arturia V collection is just fine.

My symptom is that when J-8V runs, it just comes up with a blank white window (the right size, but empty), and the menu items in the menu bar aren't populated except with generic entries.

When you click over the blank window, you can see the app is partially working as there are (white) shapes drawn, but the app itself never loads. The same happens on v1 that came on CD, the v1.1 download, and even the v1.1 demo download.

Anyone else seeing this? Antoine is on the case, but it seems to be taking a long time. I'm interested to hear if anyone else is seeing these symptoms -- maybe even a workaround. It smells like something is incompatible somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:32:47 pm by dswtan »

dswtan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:34:33 am »
FYI Antoine fixed the problem I had with the blank window -- thanks!

It was a strange one, but all I had to do was swap to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile in my Displays system preferences, run the J-8V once, and I could swap back to the default iMac color profile straight afterwards. J-8V now runs fine for me! Yay!

margus

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 03:18:26 pm »
@Kacey: one more step and the problem is being solved, just check your mailbox.

Hey! Got the same issue as the first posting messages here had..

Could you share the solution?

Computer: MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo. OS X 10.5.7

I also downloaded the updates from arturias homepage and tried with those, still nothing.

Had trouble installing Prophet V also (actually syncrosofting it), but updates and a few restarts did the trick, but stuck now with J8V.

Got the whole box V-Collection and so far I'm on the second instrument.. Hope the rest of those won't be such a head-ache... =)

mmp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:17:22 am »
Same problem here.

Regards,

MM

mmp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 08:43:40 pm »
Fixed by reinstalling both latest syncrosoft & jupiter updates with dongle unplugged, and authorizing with no other USB devices in place.

Regards,

MM

margus

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 10:44:11 am »
Fixed by reinstalling both latest syncrosoft & jupiter updates with dongle unplugged, and authorizing with no other USB devices in place.

Regards,

MM
you're my savior, man! my personal Jesus Christ!

got it working following those instructions!

thank you a few ton's worth!

mmp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 02:18:11 am »
I am glad I could help.

Peace be with you. ;D

Regards,

MM

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines