May 05, 2024, 06:31:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 8pre won’t play back tracks, meters light but NO SOUND  (Read 914 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
8pre won’t play back tracks, meters light but NO SOUND
« on: February 07, 2023, 05:18:05 pm »
And, NO: it is NOT my speakers or headphones. It’s a setting that I can not find. Please someone help! Why doesn’t this work? I’ve been through the manual repeatedly. Called Cubase. Everything works but the monitor out of the 8pre. Meters all appear to work, even speaker levels but there is NO SOUND!

Help.
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

ChrWaSa

Re: 8pre won’t play back tracks, meters light but NO SOUND
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 01:30:31 pm »
I have a similar issue: I have E-Drums on all inputs. The meters are working and the sound is successfully transfered via ADAT to my Apollo but I have no sound on any 8pre headphone as well as no output on any Line-Out. I tested without ADAT plugged in and switched back to USB. Not working either. I asked Arturia support, they told me:

If you add the ADAT inputs to the CUE MIX (AudioFuse 8Pre only has one CUE MIX) the you can route the CUE MIX output to the Headphones output or any other analog output.

So I plugged in USB, used AudioFuse Control Center and tried to configure. No change. No hint in manual. Further no output beside ADAT out.

RolandMaj7

Re: 8pre won’t play back tracks, meters light but NO SOUND
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 01:54:30 pm »
I got this issue today. I was working on pro tools and listening while cleaning up my desk and I guess I moved the USB slightly. THe pro tools said the ASIO setup has changed and bla bla bla... Then I finished installing Win10 updates, restarted my PC and when starting the program again I didn't get the user account control warning sound. And no sound from system or daw. No unrecognized devices in device manager, no errors, the sample rates match and pro tools is not giving any issues. I can even monitor my recording input, but it doesn't get any sound out to any of the output channels.

Yesterday I was working on Reaper project and everything was fine, but that project doesn't work either.

Disconnected and restarted my Arturia Audiofuse, I can get direct output sound, but no computer sound. I bet it's the windows 10 update, because I have messed up before many times by moving USB accidentally, but this time it is something new.

Now I'm removing all the drivers and registered devices in device manager, cleaning up the registry and upgrading to Win11. If I'd do otherwise, I would do a system recovery as it usually fixes device errors when nothing does, because the drivers are "stuck", theoretically working and up to date and not able to troubleshoot. Can happen when new drivers and updates are applied before "children" have received their updates, I got it recently a month ago when applying Win10 updates without updating NVIDIA drivers (because it uses external software for it's updates) first and it froze the whole system on login screen. I took a step back and it worked again.

I'll report back when I'll found solution, but I guess this is your case too.

Update: This may help...
I kept only Arturia Software Center and uninstalled everything else, including all the hidden devices in Device manager (Windows, of course).
Then I did this one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca - it wont harm your system setup anyway.
Meanwhile I disconnected Audiofuse from my computer and power. After I plugged in, it automatically went into green mode, but later I plugged in adapter. The sound started to come out instantly. - So before you do anything, try this first if your device has the option to switch it's power states. I guess in my case, the state of the unit was frozen.
Otherwise, remove your device from device manager, apply the fix in the link above, then reinstall it like usual. Also, Arturia devices has factory reset option what I haven't tried yet, but it keeps your firmware, just resets it's brain as I understand. This is how it is and only option is to recover your system step by step.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 10:35:30 pm by RolandMaj7 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines