May 05, 2024, 11:38:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Compare fuction  (Read 3139 times)

Nenč

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Compare fuction
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:29:51 pm »
Hello Arturia!
I wonder if you could supply a small function that allows us to compare the current parameter's value with the old one, so that we can return to it easly during the editing. You could use the third button left in the upper side of the display, couldn't you?

Thanks and bye bye!  ;)
To smile is important!

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
Re: Compare fuction
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:40:02 pm »
Hello Nene
This request was already in our wish list. You are making its priority increasing! It may come in a future version of Origin (but not in the next one which is being tested).

Thank you for the suggestion!

synthguy99

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:08 am »
Just to piggyback on Nene's post, I have a couple:

- Hold down Panic (or an appropriate button) for five seconds for a soft reboot.

- Let us enter numeric values in parameter fields with the keypad, as well as with up and down arrows.  If the values have to jump to some Origin resolution value, that would be fine.

- When entering text or values, holding the arrow keys for a second causes the values to scroll quickly.  Perhaps we could also use the Arturia Knob.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

n1nj4

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:36:15 am »
Just to piggyback on Nene's post, I have a couple:

- Hold down Panic (or an appropriate button) for five seconds for a soft reboot.

- Let us enter numeric values in parameter fields with the keypad, as well as with up and down arrows.  If the values have to jump to some Origin resolution value, that would be fine.

- When entering text or values, holding the arrow keys for a second causes the values to scroll quickly.  Perhaps we could also use the Arturia Knob.

Awesome suggestions.

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 10:40:24 am »
Yes these are interesting suggestions.
The idea of editing parameter values with the arrows is good but in contradiction with another interesting feature we were thinking of.
Currently when you have selected a parameter and are editing it, if you want to edit the next parameter you have to deselect it, navigate to the next parameter, and select it. So if you want to edit many parameters in the module it may be slow. The idea is that when the parameter is selected, we could use the arrows to navigate to the next param directly, making it ready to be edited with the Arturia knob. But if we do that, we can't use arrows to modify the parameters's values.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:43:25 pm »
The idea is that when the parameter is selected, we could use the arrows to navigate to the next param directly, making it ready to be edited with the Arturia knob. But if we do that, we can't use arrows to modify the parameters's values.

That would be great !!

synthguy99

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:17:17 am »
Yes, that would be very nice.  I'll be getting used to getting around the Origin parameters for a while yet, and some sort of aid like this would be appreciated.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

bigboi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 03:39:42 pm »
I have a feature....VST operation! Fabien just told me that it was not in the plan, but it is listed on the website.  Man...I hope I just misunderstood him!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 04:36:16 pm »
Numeric value entry with the num-pad and cursor key navigation sounds fine.

How about coming up with a good use for the (wasted...) 'Demo' button, making it  selectable as Demo or something useful in the global configuration.

DJ
--

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines