May 16, 2024, 09:23:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Impossibly high CPU usage with Jupiter-8V 2.0 and Sonar  (Read 2357 times)

partition36

Impossibly high CPU usage with Jupiter-8V 2.0 and Sonar
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:33 am »
If I leave the Jupiter 8V plugin enabled in Sonar, save the project, then close it, when I reopen it later I have some impossibly high CPU usage.  When I say "impossibly", I mean the CPU meter in Jupiter-8V literally says it's using 146700% CPU.  I'll post a screenshot if anyone's interested.

No sound will play except for some loud pops.  All of Sonar's CPU meters are below 25%.

Turning off the plugin then turning it back on doesn't work.  I need to turn it off, save my project, exit Sonar, start Sonar back up, then turn the plugin back on.  Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

CPU is a 2.4GHz Intel Core2Quad (Q6600), 2GB ram, Windows XP SP3.  Jupiter-8V is a fresh install from just a few days ago, and is at v2.0.

Any ideas how to get Jupiter-8V to stop doing this?  Or why it is?

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
Re: Impossibly high CPU usage with Jupiter-8V 2.0 and Sonar
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:27:10 pm »
Actually Jupiter-8V uses a lot of CPU (that's explained by its great sounds quality).

Anyway the CPU used depends on the patch played. In order to decrease this problem you can:
- Use as less voices effects as possible (after and before the filter)
- Decrease the envelops release
- Decrease the maximum amount of voices (overall when using a pad with a long release)

Cheers,

Denis
Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

partition36

Re: Impossibly high CPU usage with Jupiter-8V 2.0 and Sonar
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:01:26 am »
Well when I get it working, the CPU usage isn't that bad with some of these patches.  But I can be using the most basic patch and all of the sudden the CPU usage will be over 100%.  Fiddle around with it a bit (maybe close the project and reopen it), and the CPU will drop back down to normal.  That doesn't seem normal.

It's not that I'm overloading the CPU.  It looks like something's going wrong.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines