May 15, 2024, 04:02:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Promote This Product, Show It Some Love  (Read 2785 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Promote This Product, Show It Some Love
« on: December 14, 2020, 01:51:51 am »
I mean, for real. The KeyStep Pro has largely come in under the radar, aside from pretty limited NAMM coverage. It seems almost even like you're promoting the KeyStep 37 more than this? What gives? I've been seeing virtually NO press coverage in the music industry. Even SonicState hasn't done a full review of it FFS.
This space left intentionally blank.

al80

Re: Promote This Product, Show It Some Love
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 11:44:32 am »
because it is full of  bugs and it is missing  vital features from the original Keystep.no reason to promote a half finished product
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 06:10:00 pm by al80 »

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 01:25:12 pm »
I mean, for real. The KeyStep Pro has largely come in under the radar, aside from pretty limited NAMM coverage. It seems almost even like you're promoting the KeyStep 37 more than this? What gives? I've been seeing virtually NO press coverage in the music industry. Even SonicState hasn't done a full review of it FFS.

Are you serious? LOL why do you think they stopped promoting as soon as they released in April/May - maybe this has to do with the poor feedback regarding missing and non-functioning features, as well as the failure in delivering a product that was expected to be an improved (or at least continued) version of the Keystep.

Best joke I read today anyway thanks.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 04:54:55 am »
Good grief. Grow the fsk up.  ::)
I for one am loving it. There's always some children who bitch and moan about Arturia products.  :-\

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 09:56:11 am »
I for one am loving it. There's always some children who bitch and moan about Arturia products.  :-\

No one asked for your opinion, probably another wanna be Arturia employee lol.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 12:05:57 am »

No one gives a shit about YOUR opinion either butt-chief. YOU are the one who barged into MY thread to bitch and moan. So get bent. Plenty of ACTUAL pros are perfectly happy with the KeyStep Pro. It always seems to be schmucks that come in and bitch about their products, not actual professional working musicians.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 02:54:44 am »

No one gives a shit about YOUR opinion either butt-chief. YOU are the one who barged into MY thread to bitch and moan. So get bent. Plenty of ACTUAL pros are perfectly happy with the KeyStep Pro. It always seems to be schmucks that come in and bitch about their products, not actual professional working musicians.

Haha someone is triggered so bad - I win again and you lose plonker :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:57:07 am by spnc »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 11:36:04 am »
Hello.

I'm jumping in to clarify.

We are currently working on the 2.0 update and haven't abandoned this product in any way.
Update 2.0 will include major feature updates, bug fixes and code optimisation.

@SPNC, please note that this place is supposed to be a place to exchange about products, feature ideas etc...
Its a small community of people tied by their passion for synths and music gear, but it is not the right place if you are looking to create conflicts or troll other members.
Toxicity in general is not welcome, I'd recommend to pass your way if this is what you are you are looking for when posting here, but you are of course welcome to talk about synths.

For the others, please try to ignore toxicity and report it if needed but please do not make it worse.
Like we say, like we use to say 'don't feed the trolls'  :D

PS: MajorFubar and Artao are not employees. They are active members since a long time that's all.

Best

Edouard
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:41:00 am by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 01:50:33 pm »
Thanks for posting, Edouard. Merry Xmas to you and yours, if you celebrate it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 02:23:02 pm »
Merry Christmas yall !!!

@Artao: It's like if you had called it: https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-7-best-new-midi-controllers-and-sequencers-of-2020
Posted 5 hours ago  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:25:24 pm by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 09:13:01 pm »
"As its name suggests, Arturia's 2020 vote winner combined elements of its existing KeyStep and BeatStep Pro devices,"  except for functional step record, except for a properly functioning arpeggiator, except for the ability to transpose all tracks, except for the ability to use a drum map with different MIDI channels, except for an MCC version that doesn't corrupt scene and pattern state, etc., etc. 

To be clear, I am not trolling.  I just feel it is disingenuous for Arturia to pat itself on back when the KSP is still in a pretty rough state.  Yesterday for example I kept having to re-do attempted recordings because of "maximum notes reached" issues caused by the the MCC corrupting projects with null events. 

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 10:39:12 pm »

We are currently working on the 2.0 update and haven't abandoned this product in any way.
Update 2.0 will include major feature updates, bug fixes and code optimisation.

This is fantastic & I'm glad to hear it! Thank you, Edouard!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 10:09:11 pm »
Merry Christmas yall !!!

@Artao: It's like if you had called it: https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-7-best-new-midi-controllers-and-sequencers-of-2020
Posted 5 hours ago  ;D ;D ;D
LOL wow. That's cool. Good to see, and good to hear about the WIP 2.0 update. I look forward to it.
Any hints as to WHEN we'll be seeing it?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 10:20:02 pm by artao »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2020, 10:19:17 pm »
"As its name suggests, Arturia's 2020 vote winner combined elements of its existing KeyStep and BeatStep Pro devices,"  except for functional step record, except for a properly functioning arpeggiator, except for the ability to transpose all tracks, except for the ability to use a drum map with different MIDI channels, except for an MCC version that doesn't corrupt scene and pattern state, etc., etc. 

To be clear, I am not trolling.  I just feel it is disingenuous for Arturia to pat itself on back when the KSP is still in a pretty rough state.  Yesterday for example I kept having to re-do attempted recordings because of "maximum notes reached" issues caused by the the MCC corrupting projects with null events.

I have no idea what you're talking about except for the global transpose. Every single one of the other things that you mention work just fine here.  :-\
... Well ... when you talk about "scene and pattern state" I'm guessing you're talking about Ableton. Which I rarely use (I've only got Lite) and haven't even tried with the KSP yet. I use Reaper primarily, and also Cakewalk. Frankly, I've only used the KSP in Reaper, and it works fine there.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 08:01:01 pm »
For scene and pattern state corruption I am specifically talking about the MCC corrupting projects during the backup and restore process:

https://youtu.be/cw9CwO5Th-Q

Support confirmed this bug though there is no fix yet (to my knowledge). 

Dodgy arpeggiator example:

https://youtu.be/bLcjE0Ih_lk

Broken step record:

https://youtu.be/0jEgeF6a69U

This support claims they cannot reproduce the step record / sticky notes issue though it happens to me *every* time I use the KSP and across two different KSPs (support had me return the first one).  It is likely exasperated by using mono mode which seems to expose issues around note priority in the KSP.

On the positive side, I have not experienced a hard lockup of the KSP since installing 1.3.2.  That's something at least.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines