May 14, 2024, 02:36:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Program Change and Bank Select Issue  (Read 1668 times)

Liricus

Program Change and Bank Select Issue
« on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:24 pm »
Dear Arturia, or anyone willing, can you please help me to setup program change and bank select in order to scroll through the voice presets on my outboard hardware synths? I was able to assign one, and very lonely  :'( , program change to single buttons, but I need to select the sounds of my midi expanders from the Keylab. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

LBH

Re: Program Change and Bank Select Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:55:14 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Similar questions has been answered several time in the forums.
You can only use buttons and pads to use Bank and Program Change for an external harware, unless the hardware has knobs or sliders or whatever, that you can assign controls to.

Liricus

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 03:13:12 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I gather that the short answer is no.
Also what do you mean by "unless the hardware has knobs or sliders or whatever, that you can assign controls to." ?
Can I assign a slider or rotary control knob on the Keylab to mirror a slider/knob function on the connected hardware? That would be already something.

Any idea why Arturia is making it so difficult for their customer to use this function? The hardware is obviously very capable, so is just a "political" issue in order to prevent/limit the integration with non Arturia products? If the Beheringer UMX can do it why not the Keylab that is so superior? Don't we deserve a firmware update to solve this issue? I know, lots of questions.

Thanks!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:50 pm »
The short answer is'nt no. The short answer was what i gave you.

A synth perhaps have buttons, sliders or knobs that allready is used for preset selections. If this controls have the functionality to be midi learn assigned a control from you controller, then it's possible to do that.

Personally i think the direct selection of a preset like Arturias controllers offer is much more effective in a performance. Nuch easier to just hit a knob or pad, and then get the preset i need.
But for auditioning i would like  Step through and/ or Scolling Bank Select and ProgramChange. But if and how this functionality will work, will still depend on the functionality of the plugins or hardware or whatever to be controlled.
I have allready said what i mean in the forums.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:46:17 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines