May 10, 2024, 09:05:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: didn't D/L licence before starting DAW - now jupiter won't work!  (Read 1689 times)

richcarrick

Hi - I'm a new user.  I just took advantage of the 2 for 1 offer & bought MiniMg - I managed to install that OK, and it runs fine in my DAW (Logic8) - I then downloaded my freebie from the Arturia site (Jupiter8)

Unfortunately I forgot to download the licence to my Licence Control Centre before I tried opening up Jupiter8 in Logic - I got an error message saying it had been locked out.  Now when I open Logic, Jupiter doesn't show up at all.  It works fine in standalone mode.  I knew I should have aborted the loadup in Logic, but like an idiot I just let it run

Have I completely messed it up?  If I go to my page on the Arturia site, I can see both products showing up as registered.

How can I fix this?  I've sent an email off to customer support, but I thought maybe someone could answer my query on here

all replies gratefully acknowledged...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:06:21 pm by richcarrick »

richcarrick

Re: didn't D/L licence before starting DAW - now jupiter won't work!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:02 pm »
well, I appear to have fixed it - sorry for the false alarm.  For others in the same position, try this:

In Logic, go in the menu and select Logic > Preferences-> Start Logic AU Manager... When in the plug-ins manager, check that the syntehsizer passed the validation and that it's checked as available. If not, just check the tick box to make it available in Logic

you should then see logic scanning everything and you'll get a pop-up saying it's authorised/available as a plug in in logic

seems pretty straight forward but it can catch out computer illiterate people such as myself!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines