May 22, 2024, 06:03:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 81077 times)

Airyck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2015, 10:44:50 pm »
I would like to see program change messages sent with sequence changes rather than just manually in control mode.  I want to be able to assign sounds to certain sequences that way when the sequence changes the sound does too.

MIDI CC recording and playback or even manually programming step CC with Knobs (I know this has already been mentioned).

cylab

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 04:10:09 pm »
First off: Is this thread read by Arturia at all and do suggestions in here have any chance to be implemented???

My biggest gripe with the BSP is, that it does not persist/restore values per channel in Control mode. This leads to all kind of "interesting" effects in live situations - like blowing everybodies ears out!

So I desperately need:
  • Save the current values and states of all the Knobs, Buttons and Pads assigned to UserChannel when changing the channel on the BSP
  • Restore the previous values and stated of all the Knobs, Buttons and Pads assigned to UserChannel when changing the channel to the ones they had on this channel before.

Lu77

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 06:52:24 pm »
At this point midi din clock, and less buggy sequencing would be nice... Long notes, record notes as played... Simple stuff.

jfmagnet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 11:39:29 pm »
I would like to be able to adjust the slide time, at the moment it is fixed, i would like to do long slow slide between two notes..

damschwartz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2015, 11:44:25 pm »
I'd like to be able to write a sequencing and not having BSP after do what he pleases with it

III--vVvVv--III

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »
Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

REAL TIME DELETE OF DRUM PARTS :)  :)  :)

On the Drum Sequencer:
Make a combo function like (Shift+Mute) hold drum pad to delete part in real time.

I perform with a modular and for me I record and then delete drum parts and triggers the entire time, building the set as I go without any pre recording sequences . 

I want to use the BSP SOOOOO bad live but with out this function I can not.

PLEASE! I LOVE THIS LITTLE BEAST!!!!

Beatstep303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2015, 07:06:56 pm »
Some great suggestions in here but I really think at this stage we'll be lucky if arturia can even get the BSP to do half the stuff it's actually meant to do, never mind added requests.  :'(

They can't even be arsed to give us any feedback on the bug fixes, choosing to ignore replying to genuine posts regarding serious issues and for it not functioning properly and the lack of support, mines is now arranged to be returned to thomann.

For the benefit of the other BSP owners that are enduring the issues, FFS arturia moderators get your fingers out your backsides and give these guys an update.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2015, 03:55:11 am »
Stop crying, you don't even own one.  Do you stand by the cinema door and tell paying viewers that the movie is poor and the seats are sticky AFTER GETTING YOUR MONEY REFUNDED?  Go find something to replace the BSP you owned, that is a much more productive activity than coming here and talking smack.

Release notes for firmware updates can be found on the support page.  For each firmware release there is a question-mark (?) next to the download link.  Hover your mouse over it and it will reveal release notes for that version.

Forum moderators (don't know which other moderators you could be talking about) moderate the forum, they don't write firmware.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Beatstep303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2015, 11:26:42 am »
I still own it until it's collected and refunded, you absolute belter!

Would you have preferred I posted praise and some highly unlikely additional feature I would like added?
You keep deluding yourself into thinking all these additional features are going to be added when they can't even get the basics of the thing working correctly in the first place  :o

I will find something to replace it, most likely social entropy's engine. But obviously like everyone here, I wanted the BSP to work.

How's that firmware update and support working out for you?

Thanks for the education but I know exactly what a moderator is and if you read any of their previous posts you will see that some are occasionally conveying information regarding firmware, so they are more than capable of providing any update on the current situation. This would provide purchasers like me the information required on whether any progress was being made and enable us to make the decision whether to stick with it in the time frame we may have before returning.
You're just pissed because you never returned yours and are now stuck with it in it's current state and have had the realisation that it's unlikely ever to work as intended.

Don't let that cinema door hit you on the ass on the way in, Sucker!

Stop crying, you don't even own one.  Do you stand by the cinema door and tell paying viewers that the movie is poor and the seats are sticky AFTER GETTING YOUR MONEY REFUNDED?  Go find something to replace the BSP you owned, that is a much more productive activity than coming here and talking smack.

Release notes for firmware updates can be found on the support page.  For each firmware release there is a question-mark (?) next to the download link.  Hover your mouse over it and it will reveal release notes for that version.

Forum moderators (don't know which other moderators you could be talking about) moderate the forum, they don't write firmware.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2015, 03:39:32 am »
Cheers for the reply, but really can you take your useless posts elsewhere?  You bring nothing of worth to the table.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Beatstep303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2015, 03:17:48 pm »
Cheers for the reply, but really can you take your useless posts elsewhere?  You bring nothing of worth to the table.

Can't say any of your posts could be considered beneficial to anyone but now that I realise you are the sole decider of what's relevant in the forum, I'm sure everyone will be keen to contact you before they post, just in-case it's below your acceptance criteria.

The reality is that the BSP is currently ridiculously buggy and many of those issues are looking highly unlikely to be resolved, if ever.

My original post contained a realistic response to that and my genuine issue with the BSP, a small parting request to get the moderators attention, in the hope that it may inspire the ones capable to provide any progress update to you guys.

Anyway, enjoy your BSP it must work perfectly with your other duff product, the rhythm wolf  :D

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2015, 09:55:54 am »
Let's get back on topic, a nice feature would be a save all patterns function.

Xirso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2015, 06:22:43 pm »
Reading your post gives me the idea to…
Edit some steps on seq1, 2, drum seq, and save the project. It save the three current selected pattern on the three sequencer (without the need to save it individually). ;D , thanks!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2015, 01:00:53 pm »
I tried that when I first got it and it didn't work.  It saved the patterns pre-changes but any changes after saving the patterns didn't save.  I'll have to try again, cheers.

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2015, 09:17:13 pm »
Switch for Roller /Looper
to activate/deactivate the toughstrip
 "Especillay when you perform with the Mutes of Sequ. 1 and 2, you have to be so damned carefull with the   fingers, that I can not "park" my hand comfortably on the surface and reach the mute buttons. Especially, when additionally playing with the right hand then the pads."

For the Drum Part,
to make different loop lengths for every single "Trigger track" , not only for the whole Drum-Sequence.

Sabatini

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines