May 21, 2024, 09:10:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP stops receiving sync from DAW after a few minutes.  (Read 1720 times)

Old_School

BSP stops receiving sync from DAW after a few minutes.
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:42:12 am »
So I have my BSP set up as sync slave to Ableton as Master. All works fine for a few minutes and then all of a sudden the BSP stops. I have to reboot the BSP and Ableton to get it all going again. Firmware is 1.2.0.6 on Mac. Only other info I can offer is that I'm playing with the BSP speed (1/8, 1/16, etc.) and root key changes whilst the sequencer is running.

Soul_Processor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP stops receiving sync from DAW after a few minutes.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 08:24:29 am »
same problem here, apparantly other people also have it with cubase... I talked about it on another thread, but no reply by a staff member yet.

for me it takes about half an hour every time until it crashes... :<

turbo_kev

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 09:21:39 am »
Hi

I also get this problem  on Bitwig studio
cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Old_School

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »
Tech support said it's a known issue MIDI over USB, not with regular MIDI so I'm currently testing MIDI cable to my audio Interface and then setting up channels in my DAW. Apparently they are hoping for a fix next firmware update. It doesn't happen with BSP as Master but I find it takes too long for Ableton and BSP to stable sync that way. Too with BSP controlling transport functions it creates an issue in Ableton if you want to work with clips.

Zymos

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 06:38:21 pm »
I've ONLY used it with MIDI over USB, with Live as a master, and it has NEVER lost sync for me, in hours and hours of use.
I've heard several people say it is the 5 pin MIDI that is problematic, but you'd think Arturia support would know what they are talking about. Hopefully....

Old_School

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 01:32:43 am »
Well for me, it works for a few minutes and then all of a suddenly the BSP stops receiving, it just wont trigger the sequencer.  I never noticed the issue where I had BSP as master however, but then I require 8 bars or so of lead in time in Ableton for tempo to sync proper to the BSP clock.

So right now things seem pretty stable with Ableton sending sync to my audio interface and the BSP MIDI cable connected to audio interface MIDI out. As I find USB MIDI to be unstable it looks like I now need a second mini MIDI adapter to go MIDI out of BSP to hardware. My Minibrute and Micro I'll either use a MIDI splitter or go CV.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:45:18 am by Old_School »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines