May 17, 2024, 07:32:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pads playing all notes of scale?  (Read 1417 times)

elastic

• Apprentice
Pads playing all notes of scale?
« on: October 17, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »
Hi,

I've selected my scale, E minor, and the knobs do correspond to that scale (e.g no F is there for selection when i turn the pitch knobs), but when i play the pads, the F natural note is still playable.

This seems a bit silly surely? Basically what i'm saying is the pads are still playing the whole chromatic scale, why aren't the pads now playing the e minor scale? i.e when i press pad 'F' it should play the nearest not in scale, F#.

am i missing something here?

Thanks
It's all about the music

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Pads playing all notes of scale?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 04:44:44 pm »
Hi, your not missing a trick! the scales are set for the encoders only   but you can use all notes on the pads . this is great if you play a tune on the pads then change the scale. then you could move the notes to  the new scale you selected .
would be a nice feature if the pads changed also.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

elastic

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:46:11 pm »
This is a big flaw i think personally. Why not just dim out the pads that aren't in the scale? Or make them muted?

I have also tried playing stuff in, THEN changing scale, and it doesn't work properly. There is a thread on gearslutz about it.

It's all about the music

Zymos

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »
Your definition of "work properly" is different than what they've stated is the intended function. Changing the scale isn't supposed to change recorded notes. You might like it to do that, but it wasn't designed that way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines