May 12, 2024, 09:26:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't Sync to Logic Pro X  (Read 2838 times)

GregIcky

• Apprentice
Can't Sync to Logic Pro X
« on: April 26, 2020, 06:05:27 am »
Tempo on KSP shows 120 right out of the box. Hook it to the Mac, Load up Logic Pro X. Logic Pro Tempo is set at 100. Didn't pay much attention was just playing some sounds.... then I tried playing a sequence, got nothing. Play button turns green, but no movement... Long story longer...

Went in to Preferences... Sync... Midi... Drop down for Transmit MTC, changed it to KSP.

Went into the KSP and made sure the clock input was on USB.

Tried every combo in Logic, listen to MTC listen to MMC.... tried turning stuff off transmit off.... tried sending the clock FROM the KSP to Logic... they won't communicate.

The only thing that DID work, was I could get the playhead to go back to zero by clicking the stop button 2xs. That's it.

I'm assuming midi channels don't matter because MIDI clock is Global. But I'm already frustrated. I've already returned a Micro Freak (was better) and a Keylab Essential because I couldn't get it to work at all with Logic.... I manly bought this for Eurorack, but it'd be nice to AT LEAST SYNC it to do some basic recording.

Curious, I have a Nektar which actually makes a DRIVER for logic.. works like magic. Why don't companies write those anymore???? Logic has a giant list of manufactures that are in the Control Surface options... But arturia stuff just say "Manually install, contact Manufacturer"

It can't be hard to write a tiny software package to make your product work with a DAW. There's only about 3 or 4 major ones anyway. I've thought about moving to Ableton, but they've got their own set of issues, and I DO NOT like having to learn an entire new workflow just because my controller sucks. Controllers been talking to DAWS since the late 90's.... it's 2020 last time I checked. (end rant)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Can't Sync to Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:41:01 pm »
Hi ,
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the sync but i have checked my end and it's working fine.
did you select the KSP in the drop down in the sync settings  destinations and ticked the clock button
check my attachment
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

GregIcky

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 06:44:46 pm »
Hello, thanks for the response. What version of Logic are you using? I don't have that pop up where you can click "Clock"

I have a drop down with destination 1 and 2... Keystep Pro is one of the options... I've tried that.

Also, what do you have set up for a control surface? I don't see a way to actually make the KSP a control surface in preferences???

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 02:20:29 pm »
Its explained quite well here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpP9p0pwgQ

DGDGDGDGDG

al80

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 03:46:57 pm »
Tempo on KSP shows 120 right out of the box. Hook it to the Mac, Load up Logic Pro X. Logic Pro Tempo is set at 100. Didn't pay much attention was just playing some sounds.... then I tried playing a sequence, got nothing. Play button turns green, but no movement... Long story longer...

Went in to Preferences... Sync... Midi... Drop down for Transmit MTC, changed it to KSP.

Went into the KSP and made sure the clock input was on USB.

Tried every combo in Logic, listen to MTC listen to MMC.... tried turning stuff off transmit off.... tried sending the clock FROM the KSP to Logic... they won't communicate.

The only thing that DID work, was I could get the playhead to go back to zero by clicking the stop button 2xs. That's it.

I'm assuming midi channels don't matter because MIDI clock is Global. But I'm already frustrated. I've already returned a Micro Freak (was better) and a Keylab Essential because I couldn't get it to work at all with Logic.... I manly bought this for Eurorack, but it'd be nice to AT LEAST SYNC it to do some basic recording.

Curious, I have a Nektar which actually makes a DRIVER for logic.. works like magic. Why don't companies write those anymore???? Logic has a giant list of manufactures that are in the Control Surface options... But arturia stuff just say "Manually install, contact Manufacturer"

It can't be hard to write a tiny software package to make your product work with a DAW. There's only about 3 or 4 major ones anyway. I've thought about moving to Ableton, but they've got their own set of issues, and I DO NOT like having to learn an entire new workflow just because my controller sucks. Controllers been talking to DAWS since the late 90's.... it's 2020 last time I checked. (end rant)

i had the same problem today.could not sync(slave clock) ksp  from daw.finally these settings worked for me and i synced my ksp with ableton.

utility-sync-input-source-USB
utility-sync-input-source-CLOCK RATE 48ppq
utility-midi settings-transport send-OFF
utility-midi settings-transport receive-REALTIME
utilty-midi settings-clock send-OFF
utilty-midi settings-clock receive-ON
hope this helps
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:49:06 pm by al80 »

NS118

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 12:35:15 pm »
I'm having the same issue. Having real problems getting it to sync to logic. I did play around with some of the settings and it sort of worked but the tempo on the key step wasn't syncing exactly and kept changing. For instance the logic project was 142BPM and the key step pro kept fluctuating from like 141.(something) to 142.(something)????

Going to have another look at it later

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 12:50:13 pm »
I'm having the same issue. Having real problems getting it to sync to logic. I did play around with some of the settings and it sort of worked but the tempo on the key step wasn't syncing exactly and kept changing. For instance the logic project was 142BPM and the key step pro kept fluctuating from like 141.(something) to 142.(something)????

When KSp is slave it is normal for the tempo to move a few bpm. This is an issue with midi jitter i think.  and doesn't affect the sync of the sequencer
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 02:41:16 am »

When KSp is slave it is normal for the tempo to move a few bpm. This is an issue with midi jitter i think.  and doesn't affect the sync of the sequencer

Is this really the case with Cubase as well?  This difference and drift in bpm, won't affect the sequencer timing, etc?  I have a track in Cubase set to 163 BPM, but when the Keystep Pro is slaved to this tempo, he jumps anywhere from 161 to 165 BPM. Usually don't walk in at around 162 to 164, but never right on 163, like Cubase is set to.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 02:42:13 am »

Is this really the case with Cubase as well?  This difference and drift in bpm, won't affect the sequencer timing, etc?  I have a track in Cubase set to 163 BPM, but when the Keystep Pro is slaved to this tempo, he jumps anywhere from 161 to 165 BPM. Usually it will clock at around 162 to 164, but never right on 163, like Cubase is set to.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines